Chapter 1

Ara's POV
I couldn't stand it. I don't understand it. How can those boys fall for girls with horrible personalities? It's not fair at all. I guess that's what society stands for. If you're pretty life will be smooth.

I stand up and look in the mirror. I look at my face. Acne all over, ugly eyes, and nothing close to being pretty. I sigh, what was I even expecting? To suddenly become pretty? Ha, in a million years maybe. I braided my hair,  put on my glasses and uniform and was ready to go to school. Ding!

"Huh?"

I took out my phone and saw that it was my Finder. I got a match and someone chatted with me! I know what you're thinking. I thought you said no one likes you cause you're ugly. Well... You see... I might look completely different in my profile.. Hey! Don't judge me! Maybe if they like my personality, t-then I'll show them what I look like! Yes, I know it's wrong.. B-but it's not my fault that everyone just cares about looks!

I looked at my phone. It was Hanuel Park. The Hanuel Park. The Hanuel Park who I liked since the 5th grade. We never really talked, because of how unapproachable and self conscious I was, but I wasn't like the other girls. I didn't like him because of his looks, but moreover his personality. I would follow him after school always trying to muster up the courage to say hi.. it never happened. I ended up stalking him instead. I saw how caring he was, and he'd always try to help his neighbors in any possible way.

I check the chat.

"Ah, hello Ara! I saw that we go to the same college, but I don't really see you around, probably because of how each class is filled with hundreds of people.. I look forward to chatting with you though!"

Nothing about elementary, junior high, or highschool. Who am I kidding? Of course he doesn't remember me. I text back.

"Oh hi Hanuel. Yeah, haven't seen you much around either, probably for the same reason as you said.. I hope we can talk more."

I smile. I finally put my phone away and start walking to school.

Hanuel's POV

"Ugh.. Why. Is. college. So. Boring!"

I'm already tired from my mom trying to hook me up with this girl named Ji-Hye. Made us go on a long three hour date that ended at 2 am. I honestly don't understand my mother. I'm still young, why fret about silly things. Now I'm here, in the middle of a lecture that I'm about to fall asleep in.

I took my phone out to try this Finder app my mother recommended. I swipe, and I find this girl named Ara. I usually would just swipe to the no side, because I have no intent on liking a girl solely on their looks, but this girl named Ara caught my attention. There it was.

"She likes.. Mokemon?"

I was pretty sure there would be no girl who would like Mokemon, as everyone said it's childish and how all the care about is looking all pretty. I swipe yes. It miraculously turned out she swiped yes also! Excited, I typed out a nice response....

And then knocked out.

-CHAP 1 END-