chapter 1 new sights

I blinked. Black. Still black. Then something wet entered into my eyes. Piercing pain shot through my body, then white was everywhere! Slowly my surroundings came into my first veiw of the world. I looked around something was up. " why is everything so bleak?" I asked starring at my mom and the doctor. "What do you mean this is a very decorated room young lady!?!" He said offended. I looked around again. 'I don't understand where are all the collors Polly told me about?' I thought confused. " where are all the colors, everything is black and white." The doctor looked at my mother. "What? What did you do to me?" I asked alarmed. "I don't think it's fatal..." He mumbled. I got off the table and ran out the door. I looked at the world around me and crumbled to the ground.
The next day I went to school as normal as a freshman. I didn't need my cane. I walk through the doors. With the normal, "hey m.!" Except this time I could see who said it. A boy about 16-17 years old, with piercing gray blue eyes and chiseled features. He wore a long sleeved shirt rolled up to his elbows. His worn out jeans with holes in the knees. On his feet were boots. Nothing fancy just boots.
"Hey... what's your name I never asked." After a long breath of silence he looked at me with his passionate eyes. "James," he smiled, running his hands through his hair. "Well James,"I said quite smugly." How'd you learn my name. I certainly didn't give it to you." Alarm crossed his face. I laughed. "Oh and I can see now." I laughed and walked through the doors. "I have all my classes with you! I got your name the first day when they did roll." I looked at him testing him. I walked to my first class. English.

James walked with me the entire way through holding my arm guiding my through the traffic of people coming my way. He honestly thought I was still blind.