I

"You're gonna what?" I asked and laughed.
"I'm gonna be the prettiest princess in the world and I'll live in a castle with my husband and all—" she spread her arms for emphasis, I'm assuming. "my ponies."
"Woah now." I laugh and pick her up, setting her on my knee so we're now facing eye to eye.
"Promise daddy you're not gonna get married for a long time, deal?" I place my hand out and she places her tiny hand within it and begins to shake. "Deal," she smiles and I can hear Z laughing from the kitchen.
"Is that my girl I hear?" She calls.
"Yep." I say and she walks in and picks her up. I suddenly feel empty.
"Did you hear about Brendon and Sarah?" She asks and I tense up.
Sore subject. She knows how I feel about that topic. "No, what about them?" I manage.
She looked at the floor nervously, probably hoping I wouldn't notice but I did.
"They're separating. Announced it all over this morning."
What the hell?
"Oh." It fell from my lips slowly.
Page twirled a piece of Z's hair and I smiled. Her blonde hair mimicked Z's perfectly.
"Are you not gonna say anything about it?" She asked me. I shook my head.
I grabbed Page's back and handed it to Z. She quickly slung it over her should and readjusted Page on her hip. I bent down and kissed her goodbye quickly.
There was a knock on the door. "Hello?" Oh right. I ordered pizza.
I quickly dug into my pocket and pulled out a twenty. The pizza was only fifteen dollars but I didn't have the effort to wait for change so, enjoy your tip sir.

I lazily chomped at my pizza and watched the flashing tv.
I heard a jingle come from the next room and then Dottie came trotting in. "C'mere" I patted the cushion beside me and she jumped up. I ruffled her fur and scratched behind her right ear. She mused into it.

I stood up and stretched and she turned her head to the right.
"Shit!" I exclaimed when I stepped on one of Page's dolls.
I pick it up and place it nicely in the box before continuing to the kitchen and grabbing Dottie's bowl.

I grabbed the food out of the pantry and began to pour. The bag had an image of a man and a dog playing— or running in a park. The man's hair was shaved on the sides and stood up tall. It almost looked like Brendon's nowadays.
I begin to think of reasons he and Sarah split. They seemed happy enough and Sarah seemed to be completely head-over-heels in love with him. As did he.

Damn it. I hate thinking about Brendon. He just captivates my mind somehow, and at this rate I'll be thinking of him for days. The sound of tiny little pieces of dog food hitting the floor snap me back to reality.

"Ugh," I groaned and began to sweep up the fallen pieces with my hand before putting them in the trash and setting Dotties bowl down.