A Beautiful Goodbye - Michael Clifford

Based on song 'Beautiful Goodbye' by Maroon 5

"It's like I don't have a boyfriend!" You yell at him, tears streaming down your cheeks. Since his band got noticed by One Direction, you've barely seen him. He's always rehearsing and performing and he's travelling the world. The different timezones doesn't make it easier for the two of you. When you wake up, he's just finished a gig and is too tired to call, and when he wakes up, you're sleeping. Now he's been back home for a couple of weeks. You spent as much time as possible together and the last 6 weeks were the best of your life. Until now.

"Y/N..." Michael said, plaining "I wish I could be with you all the time, but we're..." You don't let him finish his sentence.

"You're getting bigger, I know." You role your eyes, this was the fifth time he said that.

He pulls you in for a tight hug, and you don't try to pull away.

"But I just can't handle it anymore. I just miss you so much, Mickey." You say to his chest.

"I miss you too baby, and I love you so much! I want you to be in my arms all the time, but you know that's not possible." He says with his chin on your head. You don't answer, you just hold him tight. He takes your face in his hands, and gently wipes your tears away with his thumbs.

"If I could take you with me, I would." He whispers, staring into your eyes. "But our Europe tour is planned now, and we have to go back to the USA. I can't cancel it anymore. When it's over, I'll take you where you wanna go (A/N See what I did there ;D ... Pick you up if you fall to pieces lalala (; ) , just hold on a little longer, okay?"

"Okay" Is the only thing you say, not knowing if you can keep this promise. You just enjoy these last moments with him, and wish they would last forever. Than he pulls away.

"Umm.. I think I should go than." He takes your hands in his. "Don't forget to smile, beautiful. I'll be back before you know."

"Can you just stay for the last time before you leave? I want to be with you." He just pulls you in for a hug and kisses you on your head. You lay down on the couch and cuddles up next to you, his arms wrapped around your body.

"I love you Michael." You whisper.

"I love you to Y/N."  That's the last thing you said. You stayed in eachother's arms all night long. The last thing you remembered was that he was singing a song to you while you were falling asleep.

"I count the ways I let you down,

On my fingers and toes but I'm running  out.

Clever words can't help me now,

I grip you tight but your slipping out.

And I remember your eyes were so bright

When I first met you, so in love that night.

And now I'm kissing your tears goodnight,

And I can't take it, you're even perfect when you cry.

A beautiful goodbye

It's dripping from your eyes..."