Chapter 1

There was once a village hidden among the white snowy mountains near the Halcyon Fold. The mountains had never been visited by any creature before – human, beast, demon or any sort of elf. The mountains were known to be a bad omen to the people living around them. The jagged ominous peaks and ridges of the mountains intimidated people, stroke fear in them, and caused their spines to shiver with an unexplainable coldness.

There had been many tales about the formidable mountains. One of the many folklore was that black beasts with uncanny agility roam among the mountains. These black beasts were always hunched and possessed malicious bright red eyes. They would always be seen near the farms and barns of the folks living on the outskirts of the icy mountains. These dark beings would only appear when the warmth of the sun was gone, then they would raid the farms and barns. Only really unfortunate farmers would happen to spot these beasts because these creatures were so agile and stealthy that they could hardly be noticed in the pitch black. According to these unfortunate folks, these beasts would pick the cows and pigs up with intimidating strength, then disappear – like literally, disappear.

The village among the abominable mountains had never been revealed to anyone living outside the mountains before. Most of the time, those who managed to catch a glimpse of the village was either murdered by the dangerous conditions of the mountains or by the rumored black beasts. In the village, the Agordan tribe was preparing their annual ritual. They sat around a huge bonfire, singing a strange but beautiful song. The song echoes around their minds, burying knowledge which their mighty ancestors had stolen, bouncing advices which their magnanimous ancestors had saved for them from one head to another; the song was a reminder of the great works of the Agordans' ancestors. It was a reminder that only hearts with great courage and cunning would lead them to permanent victory. The Agordan tribe sang with pride and dignity until the fire in the middle of the almighty tribe died, then only they dispersed back into the tiny caves scattered across the walls of the mountains.

When every single clan member of the Agordan clan had disappeared into the holes all over the mountain, a small tiny head popped up over a boulder. He climbed over the boulder and hopped onto the dry icy floor. He took a deep breath and smiled.

"This time, let's see how do you guys like it when i steal your food," the boy sneered.