Dear Sea World

I apologize in advance if I'm contacting the wrong team about my concern but I'll just get to the point.

What does it take to open the eyes of Sea World management? I'm a 17 year old girl and ever since I was a child I've been passionate about killer whales. I've always dreamed about being a trainer at Sea World but now my views have changed after hearing about the massive amounts of killings that you guys have been hiding from the general public and your trainers. I believe that we all have a right to know what goes on after show time and more importantly the number of attacks in captivity should make you all come to some type of realization that maybe, just maybe these whales are trying to tell you something. After seeing several videos of the attacks that have happened in your parks, it's easy to see that those whales have planned them using the intelligence that you have told yourselves they don't have. Just like how they do in the wild, when a family of whales plan to knock a deal of a block of ice or plan to run from the boats you guys send out to kidnap their babies. Only difference is, they kill your trainers because they don't want to be in your pools. In the wild a whale has never killed any human no matter how close they've come to them.

Are you not paying any attention or are you all playing dumb because your afraid you'll be out of a job? How would you like it if your son or daughter was taken from you at a young age to do tricks for people? Are you aware that keeping a whale or any type of animal in capacity is cruel. Once again, I'm only 17 years old and I'm almost sure that I know more about killer whales than you do. How dare you pay people to tell tourists that a whale lives longer in a pool than it does in the ocean. In the wild a killer whale swims more than 100 miles a day. In your little pools a whale sits around more than half it's life and spends 1/3 of it's time doing tricks for a fish that wouldn't even fill a starving man. It's inhumane to deny food to any type of animal. You wouldn't like it if we put you in a cage and forced you to do tricks so that you could earn your food for the day.

It baffles me that you continue these shows knowing the harm that a whale could do in captivity. I don't care if you've stopped your trainers from getting in the water with these animals or not, it doesn't make a difference in the way the whale feelings. One if these days your whale will figure out a way to dive over the barrier separating it from the trainer and do you know what will happen next? How are you guys going to cover up that "accident". Will it still be the trainer's fault? I pray to God that you'll be put out of business because no animal should be kept in a cage or tank.

I'd love to come see the whales, I'd give anything to have a close encounter with those majestic sea creatures but I refuse to put any money toward your "entertainment". If you have ever cared about the well-being of your trainers and/or whales, you will put the whales back in the ocean and shut down Sea World. The lives of those trainers are jeopardized every single day they go to work because Sea World management is a bunch of heartless, money hungry fools who obviously don't realize that they're dealing with one of the smartest, evolved species of ocean life. If whales could speak to you vocally, they would tell you the same thing that I'm trying to tell you, but instead they're physically showing you what they will continue to do until you decide to let them go. And it's a shame because it doesn't seem like that'll happen anytime soon.

I hope that there are others sending you similar emails or letters because apparently you need to hear this a hundred times over to understand that what you're doing is wrong. So, in conclusion let the whales go, close down all your attractions and go find a different job. Preferably one that doesn't require handling large animals that should be in their natural environment. Heck, go interview for a job at McDonald's or start a t-shirt company for all I care. There are plenty of other career options for you guys, choose one or kindly go screw yourselves.

-Thanks.