Fresh Start. Chapter One .

Introductions are important ... so here goes nothing: My name is Quincy Lauren Williams. I'm 18. From Detroit. And my mom is an addict.
Now I know what you're thinking. "Aww that's sad" ... it's not. For the most part I never see her. Idk how she keeps money in my credit card... well I do but I don't like to think about the things she does. I had a brother but he was killed last year trying to get my mom from her old boyfriends trap house. But we'll get to that later ...

Q: "wtf am I gonna wear today. I guess something casual... but its my last year. Dammit Quincy! Think.."

I was sitting there thinking. Probably more deeply than most people lol. Not saying I have to impress the strangers I'm about to come face to face with. But I wanna try this year. This year has to be a good year . And I'm going to make the best out of it so I can stop thinking about everything I could've done to stop last year from being so shitty...

Quincy and her mom moved to L.A a few weeks before school started. The move was smooth. By time they got their stuff packed in Detroit there was nothing left there. Quincy's mom, Danielle, had no relatives in Detroit. Other then her now "ex" drug dealer boyfriend. Danielles mom lived in Baltimore and all other relatives spread all over. Danielle best friend, shannon, convinced her to move to L.A two blocks away in a quite nice house.

Danielle:" Get the hell Out Quincy!"

She was coming upstairs to Quincy's room since she was going to be late

D: "it's the first damn day. If I'm going to "work" you're going to school. Time is money and I don't have time to wait on you're ass cause you not giving me my money!."
Q: "ared mom shit. I'm dressed" (in media)

Quincy opened the door before her mom had the chance, and walked past her to the living room downstairs.

Danielle: "well excuse the helllllllll outta me. Ms. So fine. I hope you going to school and not a club"
Ugh I hate when she talks nice like she didn't just tell at me ..

Quincy: " Lls nah momma. I'm going to school. I'll just take the Jeep. See ya later"
She closed the door before Danielle even responded. She unlocked the blue Jeep and hopped in. Checking to make sure she had all her school supplies and her phone.

Quincy:" here we go"

She pulled out from her house and was on her way. Her school, NorthWalk High, was about 15 minutes away. She pulled out and turned on the radio just in time to listen to "OooUuu" - by Young. M.A.

Quincy: " Omfgggg. I ain't gonna lie I'm a little shmizzzzzzz.... im a little drizzzzzz... but we in the club man OooUuu!!"

Blasting the speakers, her mood was lifted as she rapped poorly to the song. After a few more songs, she arrived. She sat looking at the school and the kids walking inside.

You got this. Just get in there and get it over with.

She grabbed her stuff and hopped out. It was 8 and first period started at 8:15.
She walked in, heading to the main office. Plenty of eyes were on her. To be expected. She thought. After walking in the office the lady simply handed her a schedule and pointed her in the direction of the guidance office.

Quincy: " thanks"

Lady:" sure thing sweetheart. Enjoy you're first day"

She walked to the guidance. It seemed like a long ass walk. With all the people seemingly staring her down. When she finally got there there was a boy talking at the desk.

??: " Man I hope I'm getting fucking paid or some shit for doing this. Like why outta all these niggas and females did you have to pick me to play Butler. A damn chauffeur . "