A Toad Fell

The Prick of the Scorpion's Tale

Disclaimer: Lyrics are taken from the song The Scorpion and the Frog off the movie The Devils' Carnival. Characters, with the exception of my OC's are from the anime Assassination Classroom. Neither of which I own. The anime belongs to Yūsei Matsui, and the film belongs to Darren Lynn Bousman. I recommend listening to the song to get the full idea. This is the first story that I'm publishing on this website, so if you can help it, be nice with the comments and pay no mind to the awkward spacing that this story will be in. P.S. Karma is love, Karma is Life.

Black

Black is love's potion

We drink, we drink from it's well

And in their name, let's drink to true love

For a toad and a scorpion fell

Yes, in their name, let's drink to true love

For true love can break the spell

Hiriko Akiyama descended the stairs of Kunugigaoka Junior High as quickly as her feet would carry her, with her backpack securely fastened on one shoulder. Her first class of the day begins at 8:05, yet she managed to get to the campus by 7:30, have breakfast in the cafeteria, and review her notes for the necessary classes. Yet in both instances, her concentration faltered due to the unnerving feeling that she was being watched, and not in the way that her parents do when they constantly remind her to maintain her high grades; but in the literal sense that if she looked out from the edge of her vision, she would see another pair of eyes looking right at her.

Awake from your dream, Frog Maiden

Skin green as the emerald sea

It wasn't the fact that she was being stared at that set her on edge, knowing full that her dark brunette curls, and emerald green eyes drew in more than a few guys, but rather that this particular person was not one to be associated with, as numerous students and even school incidents can attest to. This person was one Karma Akabane. Top of the class next to Asano Gakushuu, and strikingly handsome with a head full of red hair, and bright  brown eyes that complemented his well shaped face.

But no matter how cute of a guy he was, no matter how intelligent he was, Karma wasted his talent and potential on being an uncaring, violent borderline sociopath. So much so, that he was literally two more infractions away from being sent to the E class up in the mountains. Then, he'd really have a reputation. Not that he cared. Every incident that Karma started and finished ended with him walking away with a smirk on his face. A smirk that he wore like a medal of honor. A smirk that for some odd reason, he decided to send Hiriko's way as he observed her eating her breakfast and trying to conceal herself within the confines of the biggest book that she owned.

Let me tell you a tale of a love, how it fell

Prick, prick, prick

Goes the Scorpions' Tale

Hiriko had half a mind to confront the red head about his constant moony eyed stares, seeing as how this was the third time in the same week that she'd caught him looking at her. Yet while her heart told her to stand her ground and put an end to what ever game he was trying to play, her mind told her to not get involved with the red headed devil, lest she tarnish her reputation just by talking to him. The best she could hope to do was tough it out and hope that Karma got bored.

The last bit of steps were in her sight, prompting Hiriko to quicken her pace, and make for the door on the landing. She was completely out of breath, but used her remaining energy to push her way through the door, and right into something hard, making her stumble backwards and lose her bearings for a minute. A voice spoke that was unfamiliar to Hiriko until she gathered herself and looked in front of her........