From Black Shadows

You had finally made it; graduated from training and accepted into Beacon Academy. Stepping off of the airship, your (e/c) eyes adjusted to the sunlight and a breeze blew through your mid-length (h/c) hair. Other people were departing behind you and heading off onto the campus, while you were waiting for your friend Jaune Arc who was currently facedown in a garbage can dealing with his upset stomach.

"I told you dude; you should've taken those motion sickness pills." You said as you leaned against a wall to wait for him to finish

Watching people leave the ship, one particular person caught your eye. A girl wearing a black buttoned vest with a white sleeveless undershirt and black stockings that faded to purple near her black low-heeled boots. She had wavy black hair with a black bow on top and her sharp amber eyes had some light purple eye shadow around the edges. There was something about this girl, you really didn't know what it was but there was an air of mystery around her. Catching her gaze for just a second, the two of you quickly looked away from each other and when you chanced a look back up she was gone. Noticing how quiet it had suddenly gotten, you looked around to find that you and Jaune were alone on the port. Jaune however, did not notice this until he announced his presence to the empty space. Watching your friend just stand there, you couldn't help but chuckle as you noticed a girl off to the side and pointed her out to Jaune.

You and Jaune soon found out that the girl's name was Ruby and you walked around the gardens talking about weapons. You were pretty impressed that she was able to build her High-Caliber Sniper-Scythe, named Crescent Rose, herself; and she thought that Tooth & Nail, your Dual Dust Projection Gauntlets with hidden blades were pretty cool too. A little more wandering around and you met up with Yang, Ruby's older sister, as Professor Ozpin addressed the class. Out of the corner of your eye, you spotted that girl again in the back of the auditorium reading a book. As Ozpin finished his speech, you and the other new arrivals were herded to the dining hall where you were going the spend the night before your teams were formed tomorrow.

Setting up your sleeping bag near one of the dining hall's enormous windows you pulled your sketchpad out of your pack. Opening to a blank sheet of paper, you began to draw out the view, including the moon and skyline of Vale. Off to your left, you could hear talking and you looked up for a second to see what it was. Seated not too far away were a group of three people, one boy and two girls. The boy was wearing a white shirt like you with blue pants and he had brown hair and was wearing silver glasses; the girls were in red and yellow nightgowns and what was especially different was that they were Faunus. The girl in yellow had rabbit ears and the girl in red had fox ears and a fox's tail; while plenty of people treated Faunus differently to the point of discrimination, you were not one of these people. You had been exposed to living with Faunus at a young age and didn't really see them as different, however you also knew of the White Fang group that had been becoming quite active recently and you were definitely in the majority opinion concerning them.

You had spaced out for a while now and came back to earth just in time for the fox Faunus to notice you. She gave you a friendly wave and her friends turned to see you and follow her example. You gave them a friendly wave in return and resumed sketching as Jaune sat next to you to talk. He seemed kind of down that he wasn't meeting any cute girls and suggested that he take his time, pointing out the trio from before as an example that sometimes friends find you when you aren't looking for them. Jaune seemed to agree with your advice and decided to head back to his sleeping bag and get some rest while you did a little more sketching. However, it was a little hard to concentrate as you could her Ruby and Yang talking rather loudly with a girl in white, whose name was apparently Weiss. You also spotted the same girl from before sitting against the wall nearby reading another book, or at least trying to. Eventually, she closed her book and picked up the candelabra next to her and headed, to your surprise, in your direction.