Chapter one: Hello

'Life is like a bar of chocolate. You never know what you're gonna get.'

Callie's P.O.V

"Wake up! Callie wake up, dammit!" A huff of air. Shuffling of feet.

"CALLIE!! Get your flippin' behind out of that god-forsaken bed!" Meg bellowed. She was shaking me now. Ugh, somebody get her off me.

"Okay okay! I'm up! See?" I scramble out of bed as fast as my lazy body would let me. I peek out from my long dirty blonde hair at Meg. Her face is fuming, which means she's angry. That's normal for a red-head like her, except her red hair is beautiful, which doesnt match her angry mood. Although she's my best-friend (actually my only friend), I hated it when she was angry.

"What is it? You know I hate it when you're angry! And why so early?" I choke out, still groggy from sleep. I look at the time on my alarm clock: 09:00.
Shit.

"First of all, since you haven't noticed, school started 30 minutes ago. Secondly, MRS PRATT WILL BE COMING IN ANY MINIUTE!" she screeched before putting on her clothes and arranging her bed. Shoot shoot shoot. Arghh! Stupid me! We slept in because of that stupid stunt I pulled last night.

"I'm sooo sorry, Meg! I'm sorry we got in trouble and slept in! Now, would you just calm down?" I said, while pulling on my clothes and arranging my bed as well. I turned to look at Meg. She had cooled down and was now standing at the doorway of our huge room, waiting for me with her bag slung over her shoulder.

"Okay. Sorry I blew on you. I was just so cranky and I hardly got any sleep. Come on. We gotta get past her and figure out how to get to school 'cause we've missed the bus!" I reached her and we both peered down the hallway, to see if someone was there. Nobody.

"Let's go!" I said, and we ran down and out of the compound without seeing Mrs Pratt or strangely, Leonardo the guard.

"Phew. That was close! You owe me one!" Meg exclaimed, breathing heavily.

"Yeah I do. I don't know what I'd do without you!" I said, not out of breath.

"Of course you don't! I'm your only friend and practically your sister." she smirked. "Now come on. We have to find a way to get to school, and fast." Then we figured that we could cycle to school. But there was just one problem.

"Oh no! Our bikes are in the garage!" I realized.

"Don't worry, I'll get them!" then she rushed back into the compound. Argh but what if she gets caught? I stood there bitting on my nails as I waited nervously for her.

1 minute. 2 minutes. 2 and a half minutes. Aha.

"Run Meg!" Well, that was hard for her to do, because she was towing two bikes on either side of her. I ran towards her and got on my bike.

"Helmets?" I asked.

"Screw them! We don't have time!" she replied and we were on our way down the winding road that lead up to the Pratt's huge mansion at the top.

"Did you see anyone?" I asked, the wind whistling past my face making my hair whip behind me.

"Yeah, I saw old Leo but I, being the great seducer that I am, made him promise not to bust us this time. You should have seen his face! Priceless!" she replied. I had to strain to hear her because of the wind whistling past.

"I can't believe you seduced him?! You're shameless!" I glanced at her riding beside me. I could sorta believe it though. Meg was weird like that.

"Haha you're so innocent! And hey it's not my fault that old Leo has always had a soft spot for me." We both burst out laughing. This was going to be an awesome day.