AU

Yuuri Katsuki was not the toughest cat around. He was a small, brown kitten with an orange spot on his forehead. Adorable, but also viewed as weak. The other cats thought that they could bully Yuuri around. Just because he was small. Just because he wasn't like the other cats. It wasn't his fault. He was abandoned as a (younger) kitten. The truth was: his mother was the pet of a rich family, and because of that, she belongs to a group called, "the House Cats".  These cats are pampered and well-fed.  Soon she found Yuuri's father-- an Alley Cat (underfed ruffians)-- and suddenly there were a lot of Yuuri's running around. The rich family was not happy. They thought that the number of kittens running around was a nuisance. They only cared about Yuuri's mother. They didn't care about her kids. So, they promptly threw them out of the house. 

Feeling cold and abandoned, Yuuri and his siblings went their separate ways. Scattering throughout the city, like pages torn out of a book, Yuuri's siblings stumbled around, blindly searching for a home. However, all they found were the clenched fists of Death which struck with unexpected swiftness. Soon, all that remained of Yuuri's family were his mother, living in comfort, and Yuuri himself.

Yuuri had had enough of sorrow. He was so used to feeling betrayed. So he decided to stop feeling at all.

Yuuri still had physical responsibilities. He had to eat, otherwise he would die. So, he strut up to a dumpster. He found fish bones with a little meat left on them. What a treat. After finishing his meager meal, Yuuri curled up behind the dumpster, and slept.

The next morning, Yuuri woke up the sound of cats' whimpering and meows. Opening his eyes slowly, he greeted the new day. It was much brighter than he expected. A brilliant shine appeared before him, a shimmering white fur coat on a flawless body.

Sitting not three feet away, cleaning his paws with a silken tongue, Yuuri nearly melted when the beauty gave him a sly wink.  Why would such a beautiful House Cat acknowledge Yuuri's inferior existence?

A chorus of howls broke the dawn.  A crowd of Alley and House Cats alike had gathered in a neat semi-circle around the white cat.  They apparently found him as attractive as Yuuri did.  The white cat ignored everyone else, starring at Yuuri.  Yuuri, feeling embarrassed, looked away from the white cat's stunning blue gaze.  Still being able to feel his gaze, Yuuri made his escape.  He fled to the other side of the street, and down another alleyway.  Knowing he was far enough away that the white cat wouldn't be able to find him, Yuuri let out a relieved huff.  

He was happy to be away from such an overcrowded and uncomfortable situation, but at the same time... he was happy to be looked upon by such a handsome cat. 

The way the white cat's black lashes flickered against his turquoise eyes, gleaming with passion. The long, silky, snow-white coat concealing a muscled body.  Pristine paw pads and a rosy pink nose.  And those muscles...   Meow.

Yuuri felt a vibration.  What was that?  He looked around.  An earthquake?  Everything was shaking slightly.  He could feel it down to his very bones.  Oh.  Oh.

He was purring. 

After deciding to turn off his emotions after his traumatic background, the very thought of a cat he'd never met before had him... purring.  

One thing you might not understand is that when a cat purrs, it is their way of claiming something as theirs.

"Mmmmmrrrrrrrrrrr,"  rumbled a deep voice from behind Yuuri.

Yuuri let out a surprised yelp, turning around to face his intruder.  

It was the white cat.  A name popped into his head.  Victor.  Yuuri had no idea how he knew, but he knew-- that cat was to be called Victor.

Victor paced closer to Yuuri on soft paws.  His tail swished back and forth, a hypnotic habit that had Yuuri purring even more.