Chapter 1- The results

" See you tomorrow, Jenna!" A voice Jenna Milford  realised  yelled across the playground as Jenna  sprinted away.

Jenna didn't answer but smiled as she ran through the gates, where her mothers car was waiting. Inside her mother was waiting- . Not for Jenna but for her report.

" Hi mum" she smiled, handing her mother the report.

Her mother smiled back, and ripped open the envelope.

" Writing: A+. Reading: A+. Math: B+ and finally, geometry: A! That's brilliant!" Her mother cried.

Jenna beamed. That was the best she'd had in YEARS! Her mum joined in, beaming at her daughter.

.................................................................................................................................................

" I am so full from that huge ice-cream sundae!" Jenna announced from the back-seat of her parents car.

After Jenna's outstanding report, her parent's had taken her, Alex her brother, and Victoria her sister to dinner.

" Same here" Victoria replied, patting her stomach and rasing her eyebrows. 

Alex shrugged. The twelve-year old had never really eaten much. As a result he was rather thin.

" So Alex, what are your plan's for this weekend?" Dad asked. " Because I have tickets for the car race this weekend..." Jenna's father held up the three tickets.

Three: one for Dad, one for Victoria and one for Alex.

" AWESOME!!!!" Victoria and Alex cried at the exact same time.

Jenna just looked out the window. She wasn't into cars: she was into horses

                                                                            Chapter 2- Hoof beats

As Jenna was getting ready for bed, she looked at the framed photo of her on a pony. She was six when the photo had been taken. Her mother had taken her to the local fun fair and let her have a go on the pony rides. 

Jenna smiled as she remembered this. She had gone home and drawn a picture of the pony. Her name was Lightning.

As she lay in bed, she thought she heard hoof beats. They sounded so real, and so close.

" Nah" She told herself. " I'm imagining things." 

Then she tucked herself into bed, and fell asleep.

" BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!!!!!!"

Jenna reached over to her bedside table and slapped off her alarm, still half asleep.  

"Jenna! Pancakes for breakfast!!!"

Suddenly, Jenna was wide awake. She leapt out of bed, dashed downstairs and threw herself into a chair at the table.

" Morning mum" Jenna smiled.

Her mum rolled her eyes but smiled back.

" What pancakes would you like?" Her mum asked.

" Blueberry" she replied immediately.

Even though the pancakes were delicious, Jenna couldn't stop thinking about the hoof beats. She still thought it was her imagination tricking her.

While she was dressing, she looked out the window to see if there was any sort of animal out there. Well, there were animals: The cows,sheep,pigs, lambs,etc. There was one spare paddock, the best kept paddock on the farm, and they had twenty paddocks! It seemed like there  was every domestic animal on the planet here- except a pony. 

" At least it's Sauterday" She thought.

She dressed in her " cowboy" clothes. A brown t-shirt, black pants and any shoes- Jenna wasn't exactly a fashionista. 

Seriously, Jenna's family was a little strange. Alex and Victoria rode cattle and sheep. Her father fed the pigs coffee!( It's OK they lived.)Her mother had covered one of the cows in chocolate( Because she read somewhere that it would make their milk chocolaty!)

Jenna was normal, but what happend the next night would change her life-forever.