To Mom

As requested by and originally written for @love-deluxe ! This is the version that got published through my University. Still kinda oldish tho so forgive that;;;;;

 Still kinda oldish tho so forgive that;;;;;

Without further ado, please enjoy!

When Ty arrived at Blue Wind Academy for school, he was confused. Wreathes of pink roses hung over doors, colorful banners were sprawled over lintels, and balloons swayed in the breeze, anchored only by curly yarn. What was this? It was an interesting color scheme. The boys in the event committee couldn't have possibly agreed on this color. All of the ones he knew actively hated the color pink. "It's a girl color," they said.

The rugged orange of Ty's cloak stood out from the crowd of students flooding to the doors in waves. He was allowed to wear the precious thing, here. He had sobbing fits whenever it left his sight. When Pema first took him in, she managed to wrestle the tattered thing off of him, but he clung to her tail and stared as she soaked and lathered it with orange-scented soap. He sat on the grass to watch it dry on the clothesline, and when it got dark, he climbed out his bedroom window against Pema's orders to continue watching it overnight.

Blue Wind Academy was among the first elementary schools in Proventus to freely admit demon students. It raised a green flag for the adoptive mother, who was looking for a suitable place to send Ty to for education. A private mentor for Ty's entire childhood was disastrous for his social development. He would never learn to be courageous around strangers and it severely reduced the chance of making friends his age. Additionally, Ty wanted to go to school. He had been studying the human language and culture diligently when he wasn't tending to wyverns, through books the librarian Rowan kindly sent him. The young demon lord was utterly bedazzled. When he took a placement test to enter the Academy, his reading level ended up two grade levels more advanced than his supposed age in demon lord years. It made him come off as a smart kid to classmates on the first day of class, and having pudgy gray little horns only multiplied his popularity.

When Oto and Esmut caught word of this miraculous demon-friendly Academy, the orphans they managed flocked to the school. As the oldest orphan, however, none of the young demons Ty knew were in his grade. He could only regal his tales of the Academy at the end of the day.