oblivion

Oikawa woke up to the faint aroma of Sugawara. A faint peach like smell. It was as he were never there. He found the bed sheets wrinkled. Suga left again without a trace, but Oikawa didn't mind. This was the life he always wanted. He was happily wedded with an angel.

Oikawa got up, scratching an itch on his bed head ruined hair. He let out a yawn, eyes still sleepy. He can't recall what happened last night, or the week before. All he remembers is that Sugawara is only with him when he sleeps. He went to his drawers and pulled out a simple t-shirt to throw over his naked torso and shortly made way to the kitchen to find something to eat.

His bleary eyes cleared up from his continuous yawns and the pile of messy dishes glared at him. He sighed. Even if he hated getting his hands dirty with weird slosh, he wouldn't mind helping out his husband with chores. As Oikawa grabbed the sponge and scrubbed at the plates in the sink, he began to hum a song that Suga and him would dance to.

Are you going to age with Grace?

Oikawa hummed the song a little louder, a lot less stable. His vision became unclear again and he rubbed his eyes with his arm, clearing any of the tears that warped his vision.

Once he finished the dishes, with a grumbling stomach, he grabbed the frozen waffles from the freezer. Surprisingly, they weren't finished like they always were. They were Suga's quick breakfast whenever they didn't have time to cook together. Oikawa thought of Sugawara with his mouth filled with waffles, and him playfully scolding him to talk when his mouth wasn't full. Suga would always top his waffles with whip cream and strawberries, so Oikawa decided to try it (he was more of a syrup and butter type of guy). When the cream came out of the container, the shape on the waffle reminded Oikawa of Suga's fluffy hair.

Oikawa laughed at that. Laughed until hiccups burned his throat, to which hiccups turned to small sobs. He held his head in his hands and cried. He couldn't stop the tears. He tried forgetting, tried so hard. He wanted everything back as they were. He let out a pained wail and crumbled to the kitchen floor.

Suga had grown weak following the announcement of their marriage. After finding out he was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer, Oikawa decided to rush their wedding plans. He spoiled Sugawara more than he did before. Sugawara grew weaker as his last days grew closer. On the day Sugawara died, Oikawa kissed his hand as his love lay on the hospital bed.

"I love you, Oikawa Tooru." A weak smile plastered on Sugawara's face, the last words shared between the two.

As Oikawa cried at the breakfast table, Sugawara was hugging his shaking body. Not as a human, but as an angel.

__

So I tried foreshadowing that Sugawara wasn't there anymore. Hopefully you enjoyed this as much as I had fun writing this. Thank you to my amazing friend Gabby bpbw2tmbsdotcom who suggested Calmly Writer. That's how this one shot was made. Thank you!