Monday

Monday-everyone's least favorite day; except for this Monday. Instead of dreading to go back to school, I'm excited. My new girlfriend Meagan, gave me a reason to get out of bed. Obviously, not a good enough reason. "MALACHI JONES!! If you don't get up this instant you'll be grounded for the rest of the week!!" Mom yelled so
loudly I'm surprised the windows didn't shatter. "Coming!!" I yelled back as I hopped out of bed. The inviting smell of Eggo Waffles drifted me into the kitchen. "So... who's your girlfriend?" My 11 year old sister Mary asked. "None of your frickin' business" I said as I grabbed a seat. "Malachi! Don't say such things to your sister!" Mom scolded. I ignored her and munched on Waffles. After eating, I ran up the stairs and brushed my teeth. Then, I put on a green Holister shirt and jeans. Mom gave me a kiss as I fled out the door to the bus stop. Meagan was there and she greeted me with a hug, slipping her painted fingernails into my mine. "Hey cutie," Meagan said. "Exited for our first day as an official couple?" "Very," I responded looking at her lips wondering if I could get away with a kiss on the cheek from her. The bus pulled up and we took a middle seat. After sitting down and the bus lurching forward, Meagan picked up my arm and put it around her shoulders and snuggled against my chest. I stroked her ombré hair, and was mesmerized by how soft it was. So mesmerized that I barley noticed we had gotten to my best friend James' stop. "So you guys official or?" James asked snapping me out of her cotton candy hair. "Facebook official," Meagan respond before I could even open my mouth.