Prologue

(Very important information. Read CAREFULLY!)

"Captains Log: March 4, Year 3790, 13 hundred hours: Its been six months since departure from ESA headquarters. So far the research exhibition has been unfruitful. Today the Kraken has warped to Sector 250, last known location of Zentar before they mysteriously disappeared 200 years ago. Note that the radar has been picking up energy signatures everywhere. Every radar pulse picks up a small blip. Always on the same place on the radar." the captain sighed, scratching his forehead. "The Blip, as the crew are now calling it, hasn't gone away. After the first couple days of it showing we assumed it to be a comet. But after it continued for a week I had one of the technicians take a look into the system to see if The Blip was only a glitch. The technician came back to me with a report, saying that The Blip was not a Glitch. Whatever is showing up on the radar has been trailing us for a week and three days. I....I'm beginning to wonder if this is not actual signs of the Zentar. So I've made the decision to halt our movement for one day. And sure enough The Blip moved getting closer. I have commanded the crew to be ready for any confrontation. When this occurs, and im sure whoever is listening to this log will already know this, the ship has been put on Alert Code: Amber, all crew members and passengers must be wearing a suit to protect them selves from space if the hull of the craft is indeed breached." The captain stopped talking for a few minutes thinking about what to do. The door bell rings, makeing the captain get up from the chair he was sitting in. "End Captains Log." he said before going to the door.
The captain reached stood before the door, taking a deep breath before opening it. Standing before him was a small man dressed in a space suit.
"Sir, you are need on the bridge right away" the small man said before running off in another direction. The captain grabbed his helmet from the shelf next to the door, placing it under his arm and walking out the door.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

"Captain on deck!" Co-Captain stood and saluted as did the rest of the crew members. The captain nodded and they all sat down except for the co-captain. He stood beside the captains chair, while the captain sat down.
"Status report." the captain ordered. The ships vital reporter stood and saluted .
"Sir, all system are functioning correctly. Also, Sir, there is message waiting for you." the man sat down again.
"Relay the message." the captain said
"Yes, Sir. Message coming up on the screen." The Communications officer said.
At first the screen was blue, then it went to static. Then a familiar face came on screen. The Zentar are back.
"Hello human captain, We have been following you for quite some time. Its been a long time since I last seen the human race. Yes it may be shocking your probably thinking that we no longer existed. Well that's partially true. Our planet as you can see is no longer a planet, but a cloud of space dust. The ESA did this to us. Long ago we agreed to work together. And we did for a few years. But the ESA generals thought that we were learning too much about humans. Deemed us dangerous and had us killed, so to speak. As you can tell we are not all gone. What the ESA were unaware of was our multiple planet colonies. We survived. I would like to deliver a message to the ESA. I want them to know that the Zentar are back, and are looking for blood and war. Now of course there are conditions. I will give you two days to consider this. If you choose to send the message we will let one person on board escape through your escape pods. The rest of you will have to die to show we mean business. If you do not choose to you will all die a torturous death." the Zentar was speaking very fluent English. The captain was muling this over in his mind. "Messenger, get me Officer Xavis." the captain ordered the small man who had come to him earlier.
"When was this message recieved?" The captain asked sitting back down.

"Two hours ago, sir" said the communications officer.

"messenger, get me Officer Xavis, tell him to meet me in my cabin" the captain orders.

"Yes Sir!" the messenger saluted to the captain and ran out the door.

_____________

Xavis grumbles to himself, "why is this thing so difficult, it is literly the simplest lock ever created."
It was clearly alien possibly a hundred years old. Xavis was trying to open to see what secrets it might hold.
Just then a messenger runs into the lab saying, "Officer Xavis, the captain would like to speek with you in his cabin."

"tell the captain i'll be there." Xavis said, the messenger saluted and ran out of the lab. Xavis stared at the artifact for a minute, pondering over how to crack it open. then decided to put it away for later and made his way to the captains cabin.