Writing Prompt #1

Write a pure dialogue story. Make your story move along by writing dialogues *only*. No narrations, no descriptions... just dialogue.

"I shouldn't ask. I know better. I really do but when did exactly you get your license?"

"Pfft! Don't sweat the little stuff. I've been driving since I was, what, like fourteen. I bet I could do this with my eyes stapled shut!"

"That is not reassuring. Did you think that was reassuring? Because I do not feel reassured at all."

"Look, here. See? I can totally drive. And legally at that."

"What's this, a Learner's Permit? You think that's equivalent to a license?"

"Driving is a piece of cake! I could do it with my eyes closed, remember?"

"Not reassuring. At all. In the slightest."

"Stop being such a worry wart. Want to call my mom as a character witness?"

"Sure, what's her number? ...Hello? Yes, can you hear me? ... No actually this is Orlando... Oh? Really?... Ha, yes I did enjoy the meal - Court, what meal?"

"Oh, I ate it on the way here. It was garlic mash potatoes."

"Wh-?"

"Get out the car and sit here."

"You what?... No, yes Ma'am it was delicious! I'll send the tupperwear back with Courtney... She's right here with me... Speaking of which, would you say she's an um good driver? Like on a scale to one through ten?"

"Hm, where did I put the tupperwear?"

"Oh... r-really? That's incredible in its own way... okay... wow... I'll get her home safe. Have a good evenning.... Yes, you too."

"All done? Did she vouch for me?"

"To quote her, 'she's a raging menace to society and putting her behind the wheel will make you an accessory to any and all future crimes she will commit while driving', end quote."

"Lando. Please. This isn't my first rodeo. Trust me, will ya?"

"She also said something about cutting my losses and leaving you in ditch somewhere."

"My brother tried to do that once. Too bad for him. I lived! Hahaha! Mom was pissed when I came home covered in mud though. Since she had just cleaned the floor."

"...Why did you eat my food? It was mine."

"Oh please. If you hadn't called my mom you wouldn't even know you had food. Be lucky she even made you something in the first place. Most people don't get homecooked meals anymore."

"Yeah and I'm one of them!"

"Aren't you tired from driving around all day?"

"Do not change the topic! I don't even know why we switched seats. I hate when you drive. It's too bumpy."

"Look, just recline your seat and go off to dream land. Count sheep or something. Let me take care of everything."

"I know I shouldn't listen to you... yaaawn... but you do have solid points. I am tired. Maybe I'll just rest my eyes. For just a second."

"I'll put on the lullaby channel."

"No... that'll only... yaaawn... keep me... up..."

"Night night."

"...What time is it now?"

"Hm? Maybe nine or ten."

"At night?"

"No buddy, in the morning. Can't you see the sun?"

"Are you telling me you've been driving for eight hours?"

"I mean, sure. Who's keeping track?"

"I knew I forgot to ask but where are we going?"

"Canada."

"Canada, huh? Okay and do you own a passport?"

"I have a permit so I can do whatever I want, okay?"

"Not what it means."

"That's why it's called a permit. I am permitted to act as I see fit."

"We're so going to get arrest. I know we are. How do I know we are, you ask? Excellent question, because I've met you! You're chaos in human form. There's no blood in your body, only tar. Babies cry when they're near you."

"Only because they find me intimidating. I am quite a force to be reconged with."

"Yeah a force of pure unadulterated disaster; a walking tornado; you're what ring around the rosie is based on."

"Alright Lando. Now you're just trying to hurt my feelings."

"Court, why Canada? You found America too boring or something?"

"Why not?"

"I told your mom we'd be home by dinner."

"You lied obviously."