Ebony and Skylar

AN: This is an old story I found on my co-writer, so it's a bit terrible, lol.

          A long time ago, Ra's kingdom was overrun by Cakilaas. Cakilaas were the five feet from snout to headquarters. They had a thick rope-like tail with tiny hairlike barbs all around the tail that would sear skin easily. At the tail tip there was a large claw oozing with acidic poison. 

          They had thin fur, which was as dark as a solitary room in a pits bottom. A room with no windows nor doors, and in the dead of a moonless night when it rains so hard it burrows into stone. Their eyes stood out like two white stars on their pitch fur. 

          They had completely taken away the once refuge, and had settled like it was their home land. One day, Bast, goddess of protection, joy, dance, music, family, and love decided to take a walk in a forest.

           This forest was Hasvteras, a ancient forest which had trees almost like silver bars rising up. Metallic blue-silver lights wove and twirled through the trees and bounced off them. Her piercing amber eyes glared around the clearing only to see two girls sitting together in front of it.

          The older, bigger girl, had reddish brown hair and sharp red eyes. She was wearing a caribou fur pelt. The other younger smaller girl had brown hair and honey colored eyes. She wore a downy woolen shirt. "Why are you here, and what are your names?" Bast asked the girls. 

           The older girl leaped up with flourish and replied "I am a great hunter, a bold fighter of both beasts of the city and forest, with talent unlike any you have ever seen and will ever see, and as for my name, they call me Ebony." She raised her head proudly. The younger girl rose slowly. "Hi! I am Sk-" 

          Ebony interrupted her in a rush. "That's Skylar, my younger sister. She is no hunter nor fighter, and thus need not speak. She leered at Bast."And why are you here? Do you not have anything better to do?" Although most would anger at Ebony's words, Bast admired her ferocity. 

          "I am Bast, and as for you, Ebony and Skylar. I have decided to grant you something in return for ridding the kingdom of all of the evil rats patrolling it. However, you must not fight them, instead, convince them to leave, for we need not a war." Bast said 

          "Skylar shall rid the east of the kingdom, while Ebony shall rid the west." With that they bowed and ran off.

          On Skylar's first encounter she remembered Bast's words and spared the creature. The Cakilaas, although terrifying, were reasonable and diplomatic. She continued to spare each of them, and the east side was soon not rid of Cakilaas, but friends with them, and so Skylar was the hero of the east side.

          Ebony, however did not heed Bast's advice and was the terror of the western half. Ebony had every human on her portion of the city convinced that this was the only way to save their city was to destroy the entire race of Cakilaas. Because of this, the humans who had seen the true side of the Cakilaas were angry. 

           For the strange creatures had shown them nothing but kindness once they were spared. Thus, a civil war broke out between the two sides. 

          Once Bast learned this, she was greatly angered. She brought Ebony and Skylar aside to speak. Now, they had no idea about the current civil war, as they had returned to the country sides. 

          Ebony was very certain she had done well, and walked in pridefully. Skylar, however, thought maybe a human on her side had complained and was anxious to see what Bast had to say to her. Bast turned first to Ebony and said "Ebony, you have betrayed the rules I had set and brought war to this place. Therefore you shall be punished."

           Bast then set a spell on Ebony to turn her into a dreaded creature. She had a thick fur covering her, and eyes glowed red with a poison dipped tail. For each death she had caused either directly or indirectly, she would be cursed to remain as this monster for another century. 

          As she left in a rage, her tail smacked Skylar causing her to catch ill from the poison. To save Skylar, Bast turned her into a small furred creature. When Frisk woke up she had two angled ears, a rounded tail, downy fur, and softly-lit eyes. 

          Skylar sat, eye gleaming up at Bast. "Thank you for saving me! As a new creature I will remain as your helper forever." And that is how cats came to be as well as how Bast came to be their Goddess.