One

{Alaska}
The wind blew my hair as I walked down the silent pavement of Alenal, my home town. My shoulders sagged with the weight of my backpack slowing me down, and my suitcase dragged behind me.

I was on the way to Bluebell's Academy for Magic, ready to start my first year of college. I found my way to my limo, or a taxi as we call them, and hopped in, getting comfortable for the long journey ahead.

I was wearing my favourite outfit, ready to make an impression. I took out the envelope I'd received when I first got my note to say that I'd been accepted into Bluebell's. Only the most talented fairies, elves, witches, wizards. and godmothers were accepted. I pulled out my schedule and started highlighting all of my classes, by colour. First half of the day- Charms, Potions and Spells, after that, we got our chosen classes. I'd chosen to take Wishing as a class, to fulfil my family tradition to become a Fairy Godmother, or FGM for short. I'd also taken Writing and Cooking, since those subjects were expected of a good FGM.

When we finally pulled up to school I headed straight for my dorm, I was prepared and already located it on my free map. I was greeted by teachers and classmates that I knew from previous schools and finally reached my dorm. It was on the top floor, or the 8th floor. The top two floors were girls, next two were boys, then another one for teachers. The three remaining levels served as classrooms and study halls. We had a library, swimming pool, sports fields, and a huge great hall, used as the dining hall.

I wasn't surprised when as soon as I opened the door, my three best friends came rushing at me. We'd requested to be roomies and I couldn't wait for them to be there all throughout my first year of college. They had waited for me before choosing beds and unpacking, so that we could all decide fairly.

There were two queen sized bunk-beds, with pink, blue and white bedding and pillows. The room was decorated in modern furniture and there was a small dog plushy underneath one of the beds. The bottom bunks both had drawers underneath.

"Wow." Adalyn said.

"I dibs this one!" I said running to the first bed to the and climbing to the top.

Adalyn was in the top bunk next to me with Zelda underneath me. Pandora was in the next bed down and we all started unpacking. I opened my suitcase to reveal pastel and sparkly themed clothes, multiple books and notebooks, a pencil case, a journal and a small, thin box which contained my wand.

Zelda joined me on my bed while Pandora joined Adalyn on her's so we could talk about classes, boys, the future and everything we needed to know for school.

Pandora and I were both FGMs in training. But unlike me, Pandora didn't want to become the godmother of Alenal. She wanted to travel to somewhere warm and nice, to grant wishes elsewhere. Adalyn was in line to become queen of Alenal. She was the daughter of Queen Fira and was top of all of her classes. She has an amazing boyfriend and she is probably one of the prettiest girls I've ever met. And Zelda was such a sweetie. She was so polite and so delicate, and she worked so hard on everything. All four of us were always great students and worked harder than most other classmates.

I opened my journal and took a metallic rose-gold pen out of my pencil case and wrote on the first page...

January 16th, 2017.

Adalyn reached over and grabbed her yellow Polaroid camera and snapped a selfie of us four. She printed it out and I taped it to the page, which was followed by Pandora deciding to draw little doodles around the border of the page. Zelda drew a picture of a wand with a star on top, the symbol of Bluebell's Academy.