A Birthday To Remember

***This is my first Wattlibs story, but probably won't be the last. It's so fun! Try it yourself at https://www.wattpad.com/birthday/***

The air is dapper as you step up to the front doors of the villa. You're still a little bit nervous, so you dig into your pocket to look at the invitation one more time.

It reads in maroon, Serif font:

You are cordially invited to a soiree hosted by Tina Fey to celebrate Wattpad's official birthday party. Dancing, crawling and animal crackers will be plentiful. We do hope to see your greasy face there. November 22nd, 2016 at dusk. Please dress in your best dress robes and don't forget your sword for the present swap!

You take a deep breath and are about to walk inside, when the door suddenly swings with a swoosh.

You're surprised to see Taylor Swift standing there in the flesh, all pretty and pungent. You're not sure if you have the courage to talk to them right now, so you scurry inside like a(n) penguin and join the party, making a mental note to drum up a conversation with them later on over the Lucky Charms marshmallows.

Once inside, the party takes your breath away. Everyone is already beatboxing wildly on the dancefloor.

Total Eclipse of the Heart plays loudly from the speakers and you can't help but do the moonwalk. You had always shipped Sherlock Holmes and Regina George so you're not entirely surprised to see them laughing together in the corner. Agatha Christie and DoNotMicrowave are having a rap battle in the centre of the room, while several Lovatics are gushing over the latest update of The Stiletto Sisterhood on their phones.

The whole atmosphere is electric. It looks like Monstropolis on an orbiting satellite in the middle of Valentine's Day and you can't imagine anything better.

"Happy Birthday, Wattpad," you say with a smile, "Here's to another 10 years!"