Chapter 1

|Sage's P.O.V.|

It has been a week since graduation and since I've talked to Pierson. After everything that happened between us I'm not sure my love for him is still there. You would think after being broken up a little over a month I would be over him. Sadly, that is not the case for me. Pierson was honestly the only person I had left in my life. He took me in when my parents died and loved me unconditionally; well until he cheated on me.

After many days of driving and staying in random hotels, I decided it was time to find a place to settle. I've graduated high school and now the world is mine, or so I thought. With all the driving I've done, it has left me with very little money so there's not much else I can do. With that in mind, I decided I would stay here in Florida. Why did I end up here? Not sure, but for now it'll have to do. The search for apartments begins now and a job of course. Hopefully, I'll be able to find a job that'll help pay for the bills. Maybe even enough to travel to other places until I've found the right place for me.

I've always had a thing for small towns, so when I saw a sign for Micanopy, Florida I knew it was for me. Not very many people lived here, yet it was still close to the water. It is absolutely perfect to me. While caught up with how cute the town was, I happen to stumble upon a cute little coffee shop. Although it was hot as hell outside, a mocha coffee was calling my name. Let me tell you that coffee was to die for, much better than Starbucks that's for sure. As the day dragged on and the sun started to set I knew it was finally time to get a hotel room for the night or else I may end up sleeping in my car.

"Good evening! How may I help you?" Said the blonde haired woman behind the front desk.

"Hi I'm look for a room just for the night please. Nothing to fancy or anything just need a place to crash until I can find an apartment tomorrow."

"Sounds good! How will you be paying today?"

Once I heard those words come out of her mouth I began to freak. What was I doing at a hotel? What made me think I could afford to stay at such a place. With no money coming in and me needing to find an apartment by tomorrow, I've really got to be pinching penny's.

"Actually you can cancel that room. Thanks for your help." And with that I rushed out of the hotel. It didn't take long for the woman to come chasing after me to see what was wrong.

"Sweetheart, you don't have to worry about the money you can just pay a little now and pay the rest later." She said with her sweet country accent. Why was this lady being so nice to me? How does she know that I would even pay her back? "Are you sure?" I asked with a worried face.

"Of course so! Come on we will getcha all set up now." She said with a smile on her face. I really have no idea what I would do without this lady's help. Hopefully this will end up being the best place for me to stay for a while.

_______________________________
Hey guys! I'm sorry for the late update. This is just really hard for me write for some reason. But I'll try to get the next chapter up next week.
xx Savanna