Chapter 1

Summer

"Tomika I have need to tell you something", I said while opening my locker.
"Let me guess is it about Freddy," my best friend Tomika said taking her books out.
"No, but did he say anything," I said fixing my hair.
"Summer," she exclaimed bring Summer back to topic.
"Right uh remember back before Mr. Finn began to teach us I took a test to enter a "fancy" school," I asked Tomika facing her.
"Yeah", asked Tomika.
"Well I got accepted," I said.
"So are you going to turn down the offer,"asked Tomika.
"Tomika this is a once in a life time opportunity,"I said.
"What about the band," she asked raising up her voice.
"I don't know," I said not knowing what to say.
"I can't believe you just said that I am going to class," said Tomika closing her locker. And leaving me in the hallway.
"What am I going to do," I asked myself. Sliding down the locker to the floor.
"Goodmorning Summer", said Mr. Finn. "Oh boy what is wrong".
"Tomika is angry that I was accepted to another school in Maine, which means I have to quit the band," I explained to him.
"You can't quit the band you are our band manager," said Mr. Finn.
"I know, but that is all I do. I am just a manager. I can't sing. I can't play piano, bass, guitar or drums. All I could do get good grades," I said.
"Summer that is true-" said Mr. Finn before being cut off.
"See," I exclaimed.
The bell rung.
"Well I should get to class before I am late," I said getting up and heading to class.
I get to class and see Tomika is laughing with the boys (Zack, Lawrence and Freddy), but as soon as she sees me she stops. I take my seat with looking at them and just read my favorite book.
"What is wrong with them,"asked Zack.
"No idea. They are girls, they are complicated. Unlike Esme," said Lawrence.
"Maybe they are angry at each other," said Freddy.
"Can you three shut up," said Tomika.
"Geez Freddy you are right she is angry," said Lawrence sitting down in his seat.
One minute later Mr. Finn entered the classroom.
"Good morning class today we discuss more about Shakespeare specificly Romeo and Juilet," said Mr.Finn "So please take out your textbooks and turn to the page (?)".

The class read the play atloud for the rest of the period. The bell rung and I was the first one out to Music. Today we were practicing for our Open House which would be no use since I would be leaving.
"Summer that was amazing do you think you could play the solo for Open House," asked our new music teacher, Ms. Hood.
"Uhhhh I don't think I could," I told her.
"Why not," asked Ms. Hood.
All eyes on me.
"I am moving to Maine,"I said to Ms. Hood.
"What," yelled out the boys, except Tomika.
"Wait you knew," they exclaimed in unison.
The bell rung for lunch. I quickly left, but two hands stopped me and pulled me into Mr. Finn's classroom.
"When were you going to tell us," asked Zack while Freddy hold me still.
I have always dreamt of Freddy holding me into his strong arms, but not like this.
"I was planning to tell you guys tomorrow, but then Tomika got really angry and so then I decide to text you the day I would leave," I said.
"But what about the band," asked Freddy.
"The band is just going to keep go without one memember," I said lookinf at the floor. "Freddy can you please let go of me," I said.
He did. I sat down in my seat looking at my acceptance letter. "You know I have worked so hard to get into this school. I didn't think I would have so many people be against it," I said as I crumpled the paper and throwing it in the trash. I walk at of the classroom and go to the school football field and watch the team play.
Can't wait for the end of this week.

Question of the day: Favorite episode of School of Rock?