First day of school

Waking up with frustration as my alarm sets off, I slam the snooze button for 5 more minutes of sleep. As I doze off, my mom budges in,waking me up. "Katie,c'mon honey, you dont want to be late for your first day of school." Peeking through the covers, my mom was pulling up the blinds showing throught the sun's rays as it blinded my eyes. I then realized I was being carried into the bathroom. Setting me down, I groaned looking at my reflection in the mirror. Closing the door behind her, my mom yells back" Hurry up, honey, I already made breakfast for you." " Alright I'll be down in just a sec."

*******

Well I lied, taking longer than normal , I was brushing through the tangles of my brunette hair ,deciding to leave it straight for today and applied on my daily moisturizer. Grabbing my toothbrush ,I quickly brushed my teeth. I was a person who took night showers so lucky for me today it actually helps iht my case. Rushing to my room, I open my closet to find what I was going to wear. Finally, I settled on blue jean shorts with a cropped top that had the USA flag on it, paired along with black converse since the weather in California was recently really hot .After getting into my clothes, I spray on my Vanilla Lace scented perfume from Victoria Secret. Choosing my jewelry, I selected an infinity bracelet attached with leather woven bracelets along with several rings. Moving on to my makeup, I usually didnt put on much. Pumping the curler for even eyelash curls, I grab my Big Eyes Maybelline masacra and brushed on a few coats. For my lips, I just glided on my Cherry Me Baby Lips lip balm. Grabbing my backpack and iphone, I rushed downstairs closing the door behind me.

******

Downstairs, my mom had prepared an oatmeal with freshly cut strawberries on top. I sat by my sister who was already half way down through her bowl. "Hey Lia" "Hey kat" That was her nickname for me ." So are you ready for your first day of 10th grade?" she beamed. Knowing through her experience, my sister was currently in 12 th grade. "Well... I guess I am." I responded back with less enthusiasm. "Well, here's a piece of advice." Finishing up her bowl before she finished her sentence, " Just know that it will be packed, evryone will want to see their friends here and there, stay with your friends close or you wont be able to survive" " Ok girls go clean up and stop your chit chatting or we ll be more late " my mom butted in. Dropping my bowl into the sink, I mouthed to my sister "thank you". Although I didnt know why my sister was so serious ,how crazy could it be?

******

Well I was wrong ,as I said my goodbyes I turn around to walk to the entrance as a football comes flying right pass me. Flinching back as I almost had a heart attack, I just kept on walking. Trying to find my friends through the crowded people , I decided to pull out my phone and just text them instead.

To: Miranda

Hey where r u guys?

from: Miranda

Good morning Katie I cant wait to see you and we r by the schools water fountain outside! ;)

Miranda was always on the positive side. Even when shes mad she makes the best of it. Once she was on her period and it was a really bad case so she made her pain into songs. " oh the cramps the cramps , oooooooo i cant move." It was just ridiculous. On the other hand , Lindsey my other bff she was the carefree one that you could easily talk too. Picture this: a messy loose bun with jeggings and an owl print out floral cardigan with doc martins . That is Lindsey for sure.And I am the crazy one. From silly faces to jokes and laughs we were meant to be together. Every friendship needs to be different in order to balance out rather than being with others who are exactly the same like you. Me and my friends were like the 3 musketeers. We were there for each other through the ups and downs and we will always be.

To: Miranda

Same to you and I'll be there in a sec!:*

******

Pushing past people, and making my way towards the fountain. I spot a messy loose bun aside by luscious loose curls and I immediately know who they are. Finally, making it through the end , I was greeted by a bear hug from my two best friends. Not leaving them hanging, I hugged them back as we jumped around in a circle. Finally , settling down , we didnt ask each how have we been or what's new because we basically spent the whole summer together but we were still excited to see each other. Hearing the first bell ring, everyone made their way to their classes, knowing their schedule that was emailed to them. " What's your first period class guys?" Responding at the same time "Biology" follow by giggles. I nearly shrieked as I wrap

my arms around their necks because I had first period with them. We once jumped in a circle again before making our way to our class.