Apparition Adoration

Intro: Giving Thanks (prologue) 

(Alice's pov)

'I don't know what made me do it, spurr of the moment, a rush of adrenaline or blood or something to my head, or maybe i just went insane for a while, but whatever it was i did it....'

 I watched the man run away from me, his knife lying on the cold cement where he'd dropped it. I let out a breath i didn't know i'd been holding in, leaning on the wall behind me i slid down onto my knee's leaning my full weight onto the cold bricks panting like some silly purse dog, I opened my eyes and stood up brushing myself off. "....thank you"  I said walking forward, and even though it sounds strange i was expecting a 'Your welcome' to be returned to me, even though i was alone in that alley way since the man who had pulled me in had run away suddenly.

But i swear, something followed me home that night.

--------------------------------------------------

 His POV

'I don't know why I did it. I just did, i saw him pull her off the street and drag her into the alley passing me like a shadow, it wouldn't be the first time its happened here and i don't usually do anything, it doesn't affect me either way, but i saw her eyes...big and green and pure. She wasn't calling out for help like others she seemed to have resigned herself to her fate but in the same moment rejected it. Its was unsettlingly beautiful, I wouldn't accept it she was not going to die this way. So I did it, I guess i do know why'

I put my hand on his shoulder, his shiver proving he could feel me, then I started whispering to him. "I could make you slit your own throat or set you aflame with imperishable flames to lick at your skin for all eternity and follow you even after death" I snickered as he faltered his eyes shifting, looking for me, he wouldn't though, I guess that's a positive.

Continuing on I elaborated on everything i could do to him his terrified expression was just exhilarating as he dropped the knife and ran out into the street as it clattered to the ground. Smiling to myself i glanced at the girl again her darkened brown hair wet with the rain clinging to her cheeks, it was adorable well if her life hadn't just been threatened but beside the point. She let out a breath sliding to the ground and leaning her head back, working on settling the atmoshere in an attempt to calm her i watch the gentle rhythm of her chest rising and falling with her breath, I looked away quickly sure that had I they ability I'd be blushing, Good lord she was cute! I turned back when i heard shuffling as she was getting up and pulling her black hood up around her.

"Thank you..." rang her voice, like bells in the summer breeze. 

She was looking right at me. But its impossible. There's no way she could possibly see me. But there she was looking right at me like she was waiting for a response instead of just going home like she should

".....Your welcome" I breathed staring back at me, i knew she wouldn't hear me but i couldn't watch her just stand there and ignore it. Seeming uncomfortable she walked out of the alleyway glancing around and starting on her way home.

And of course I had to follow her.

How would she even know? You can't see a ghost.