EIGHTEEN

EIGHTEEN

It was the fifteenth of April when Spirit finally left the room where Ashley and her mate slept. It was midday so the Blue Moon group were at the hotel also. Kayline however hadn't left her office once since the episode with her blood-lust and Damon. It had been George who'd kept her fed with taking blood up to her every now and again. In a glass, that was. He didn't let Kayline take his neck. Once again, Jayden pushed away the sudden jealousy that rose at the thought of Kayline at another's neck. He had no right. And she deserved better than him. He, who lived with a traitor. Who thought he was truly mated with his mate. God, he was so stupid. How had he not seen the truth?

Sitting in the living room in Ashley's black chair that moulded to his form, Jayden could understand why Ashley liked this chair so much. Jayden looked up again to see that, just as he was, the Blue Moon vampyre's were waiting patiently to see what Spirit had to say. Unlike the other brothers, Spirit was still in the clothes that he'd came in. Dark blue shirt, black trousers, and Jayden could see a couple of knives attached to the brother. If Spirit had been human he would have stank to high heaven still wearing the same clothes after four months, but thanks to his vampyre genes, he didn't.

While waiting for Spirit to talk, Jayden looked around at the others. Micah's dark blonde hair look tangled instead of it's smooth ponytail. If Ronnie had been human, Jayden would have said that she had dark purple bags under her eyes, but as a vampyre that wasn't possible. Ivey and Rose had gained more piercings along the ones they already had and both of their clothing were more... normal. Dark, but more normal. Both were wearing normal black jeans and a normal – fitted for Rose – black t-shirts. Nick was on the sofa next to the Prince and Princess. Out of the group, it was clearly effecting Nick the most. His eyes were almost blank, as though no-one was home, his hair looked to have not been washed in a while. His clothes were... there. There hadn't been preparation, he'd just shoved on whatever he could find. Unheard of for Nick. And then there was Maize. She was clearly the strongest out of the group, even with her "fits of anger" as Micah had called them on one of his last visits. Pale blonde hair was in it's usual bun, pale blue eyes looked like a stormy sea that would hit any minute. Rose had said that, when she'd asked Maize a couple of months ago, to whether Nick was her mate. All Rose had got in response was a glare, and with Maize that could have meant a yes or a no.

"If you wish to see your original and her mate," as soon as Spirit had started talking, all had focused on him immediately. "You may come and see them now. However, I ask you to prepare yourselves and to keep what you see to yourselves. Tell none."

Just as Spirit finished, Jayden saw Kayline appear in the doorway. Long sleeved, dark grey shirt and black trousers held Kayline's frame, however it was under the clothes that worried Jayden because it looked as though she'd lost weight. There was a belt that held her trousers up. She'd never needed a belt before.

"Kayline," Jayden jumped up. He'd tried to talk to her over the past few months but she'd never replied. And surprisingly, that had hurt, more so than ever. It had hurt less when Catherine had revealed the truth as to why she was here. It had hurt less when Catherine had... tried to take her life.

Blue eyes looked at him. And they were just that. Blue. She'd fallen out of the sky and now they looked plain... dying. Jayden didn't fight the want to wrap his arms around her. And he didn't. As soon as he had her in her arms, Jayden inhaled her scent... and something snapped, clicked into place. Ever since Phoenix had said that he should scent Damon's scent, Jayden had started using and trusting his sense of smell again. Jayden wasn't sure what happened at that moment but he did know one thing. Fangs elongated, a growl poured out his mouth, and he knew he'd never be able to make it up to her. He'd never be able to make up being 'mate's' with Catherine, never be able to make up it up to her after ignoring what had been there all along. But he'd try.