Chapter 1

Once upon a time, in a land far far away, there lived a peasant boy. Now this boy didn't have much to do with his life, his parents often left for far away lands for work, leaving him alone most of the time. But still, he was happy.

When his parents would come home from their trips, he was always enthralled by the stories that they would bring back. Tales of strength, wit, and might. But he would always ask for the story about the mysterious Key.

For his parents had heard a story about a mysterious man who roamed from village to village, telling everyone that they could have a key to the most wonderful place in the world. Far greater than any kings palace, this place was filled with wonder and awe, and everyone was always happy. Of course, the boy didn't know if this was true. Would someone really give away the secret to get to a place like this?

So one night, after his parents came back and told him yet again the story about the mysterious key, the boy decided that he would find out for himself if this story was true or not. So he began to pack a bag, full of things he would need along the way, and then after saying goodbye to his parents, he left, hoping to find out the truth behind the mysterious key.