Chapter 1- Stories

Even if they never love me, I will never feel loved. I will forever be broken.

I have heard stories of how my parents died. They were eaten by wolves or they had died while feeding them, but they are all fake, lies told by those who wish to be there. The ones who want to watch, like me, hiding in a bush full of thorns and seeing your parents and brother being eaten alive by those horrible wolves. The wolves of danger, fear, and death. And to this day I am reminded of what happened on my parents day of there last breath. The day when I became an orphan along with my twin brother and my life has never been the same. I will always hate those wolves the ones that had tried to kill me too, but had not succeeded. I can still see that wolf if I close my eyes and think real hard. It was black, pitch black and it's eyes were like golden crowns, crowning every object or thing it sees. I remember the day when I moved in with my new "parents" those who dispises me and my twin brother, who doesn't speak of the wolves that had almost killed him with blood rushing down his side. There are still scars both noticeable and hidden.
     I open my eyes and pull in a deep breath full of fear. The wolf was right up close, our noses almost touching. I scream myself awake before he can bite my neck with his teeth. I jump out of bed and into my brother's arms. Tears stream down my face, I held onto Jake with tight arms and he held onto me. "Mummy and...and Father they...were killed by...the Alpha." I cry again, hot tears full of hatred. "It's ok Lex. It's ok. It was just a nightmare." I look up at Jake. "No it was real."

*Flashback of parents Death*

     I continue to stare out the window. The trees covered with snow from the dark grey clouds. Mummy and father were talking about our plans today. We were going to look for rabbits because mummy was going to write a book on them and we could even keep one; only if the ranger says we can. Jake pokes me in my side. "Jake, please stop it." He smiles at me and continues to annoy me. I scoot close to the door and fall asleep on the side of the window.
     I wake up to the yelling of a man. He looks cold and homeless, but somehow he has managed to get or steal a gun from somewhere. My eyes grow big and I scream. He has a gun. What...what is he going to do to us. "Well you see, Mr., I don't have time for you to be a wastin my time. So get out the car or I'm going to kill your little one back their who can't keep her mouth shut!" I shut my eyes and mummy opens the car door and picks me up. We all get out the car and I still cling to mummy as the old wretched man drives away. We look at our car driving away without us. But as it gets a quater of a mile it turns back around and he comes back to get us. "I'm going to all of you liars!" The man yells. I look at mummy. "Run! Run!" I am placed back on the ground and run for my life. With my little legs I can barely keep up, but I know if I stop. I will get killed. We all run till we are lost in the white covered forest. I am shivering cold, despite the thick coat I have on and the knee high boots, cold air managed to chill my skin. I cuddle next to Jake, crying. "It's ok Alexandria. We are going to be ok. Remember we will always be together no matter what. Not even the woods and it's creatures can bring us apart," daddy says. I look up to my father, his face is red and he is shuttering, even though he tries not to.
As the sun falls to a sunset, we hear them, howling. Despite the fact here I was cuddling for warmth from my twin brother, sitting on the cold, icy snow my life felt like it was slowly falling. One second my parents were smiling and comforting us and the next battling the wretched wolves that are ripping them appart. I stand up watching the wolves. "Mummy, Father, Jake! Someone help!" Blood stains the ground and turns the bright white snow to pink. "Alexa...oww...baby please hide...oww...hurry don't let them get you. They are the Tonqur hunte..." My eyes grow big as I move my legs to sit in a bush of thorns. I sit crying, as the biggest wolf personal bites into my parents, kneels and even licks their blood. And that's when I see movement from a human. Jake. Alex get up! Run! Save him! I run quickly grabbing my brother by his hands and drag him into the thorns. I hold him in my arms. I look up through blury eyes, the wolf who ended my parents is looking at me, well glaring. "I will never forget what you have done to my parents, and believe me I will hunt you down and shoot you in the neck, you stupid wolf!" I scream at him, I was filled with hatred towards these wolves and I will forever remember those green sad eyes, that were once golden.

*end of flashback*

    I don't realize I'm crying until Jake wipes warm tears off my cheeks. "Thank you for always being there," Jake says to me. I look up to him and see he is starting to cry too. "No, Jake don't cry. I can't stand it when you cry." I hug his neck and feel the jagged scars from those wolves. I close my eyes and remember my promise to that alpha. I will find you and I will keep my promise to you. Now I just have to find you and a gun.

**Bookstore(shopping with Her Foster Parents)**

"How about this dress, Alexandria?" I look up to my foster parents and make a face. "It is shows to much don't you think?" Mo looks down and looks over the dress. "Lex, this dress will look perfect on you and it will attract attention from guys at the ball." I make a face. "Mo, I'm sorry, but I am not wearing that it is a dress made for a hoe. I am not a hoe and I have chosen this dress." I show her the dress. It was a crop top made of a light pink fabric and a lace detail, the skirt was made to twirl in and was a dark pink/reddish color. I thought it was beautiful, until: "You are not wearing that to the ball. You are suppose to fall in love that night and no one will love you dress like that." I glared at Mo. "I am wearing this, because if I can choose who to marry, then I can choose what to wear. You are not my mother, you are not the one who was eaten, tore apart, or bitten by wolves and their alpha you will never be my mother, Mo, and as soon as I marry my husband I am leaving forever." I turn around and go to the dressing room. By the time I get there, I have tears in my eyes. I have never like my foster parents, they are rich snobs who are big fat control freaks. Mo is a hoe, and Fath is a big snob. I try on the dress/skirt and I love it. It shows a little of my stomach, but I can always wear a cover up.

I walk to the cash register and check out. I then walk outside to our limo. I climb in and sit in the back. "Miss Taylor your mother looked upset when she left. I had to drive her home and she told me to hibachi to get you." I look at Gunter, "She is not my mother." I look at the seat in front of me. Why am I so moody? It is then that my stomach starts to cramp. Great. I'm on my period. Three days before the ball. Ugh my life hates me! I roll my eyes and listen to the classical music Gunter has nicely put on for me. I guess Gunter knows your on your period, Alex. I roll my eyes. Ok, Dalphina, stop being so wierd. Of course he knows he is my closest friend. Well beside Jake and Daisy. Ugh. I hate having some wierd voice inside my head.

**Back at Home**

"Alex! Come here now!" Says Fath. Great. "I have to go to the bathroom!" I quickly run up stairs lay my stuff down and run to my bathroom.
After I'm done in the bathroom, I go to Fath's office. I walk in and he is ready for me, standing there with his torture device. Tears sting my eyes, "No, please. I can't stand that. Please, don't hurt me." Fath stands there with a glares at me. "I told you not to hurt her, but you still do it. Now it's time for you to get payback." I will forever dream to be loved. He comes to me and pulls my hands harshly to his 'Torture Room'. He pushes me down and kicks me in my side. I scream with pain and cry. "You need to forget about your stupid parents and learn to love us. I will never like you," he tells me while he pulls me up and slaps me, hard. I continue to scream until I hear my name being called. "Lex! Alex! Where are you!?" I open my eyes. I feel broken and worthless. I know I will never fight back, I won't be able to. No one will ever love me like this. "Jake I am...right here. Please...help...."