Chapter 1

Alaina's POV

I was sitting on the airplane going back to New Orleans. It's been 2 months since my brother was killed and I can't get the image out my head. The shooting keeps replaying in my mind.

FlashBack

Jordan and I were walking in the park in Seattle. We was talking about the tattoo we got. The tattoos were of our names on the back of our necks together. It was around 12:30. I noticed there was a black van behind us. Being naive, I thought it was nothing. We were walking through the streets and having a good time. The van was gone, but I felt something was wrong. I simply ignored it and enjoyed my brothers company.

We came to the road's dead end. We turned around to walk back when suddenly 2 black vans came out of no where and cornered us. Some dude opened his window, yelled "Burn in hell!" and shot Jordan 5 times. I started to scream. I shouldn't have, I know that, but I did. The dude who shot my brother noticed me. I grabbed my brothers strap and shot at him. I broke one of the vans windows, shooting one of the guys in it. Unfortunately, they shot me 3 times. But just in the shoulder. Police sirens sounded in the background and the vans sped off. I tried to get my brother up to take him to the hospital but I was too weak. Everything started to get blurry. I couldn't hear anything. The next thing I knew, I blacked out.

End of FlashBack
••••••••••
5 hours later.

I was walking off the plane, through the airport when I saw a familiar figure holding my suit case. I walked closer to see Mama Sheila, Chandra, The girls and some of the crew.

"OMGGGG" yells Chandra, running towards me, giving me a big hug like we haven't seen each other in forever.
"AUNTIE ALAIINNAAA!" The girls scream, running to me, giving my legs hugs.
"ALAINA! BabyGirl, look at you! You've gotten even more beautiful than the last time I saw you!" Says Mama Sheila. The crew came up to me and gave me one big hug. I felt tears running down my cheeks as I gave everyone more hugs.
"I missed all of y'all!" I said, wiping my tears. We walked into individual cars and soon we were on our way to Mama Sheila's house.
•••••••••••
1 Week Later.

Alaina's POV

🎶Imma stoner, Imma stoner, Imma stoner. Imma stoner, Imma stonerrrrrr. I'm a muthafucking stoner.🎶

Ugh. I hit the snooze button and went back to sleep. I was up all night thinking about August and my brother. How could he forget his best friend after all the shit we went through? Who killed my brother and why? My thoughts were spinning around in my head.

"AUNTIIEEE!" Screams Kay-kay. She jumps on top of me and tries to get me up. I sighed and got up to see what Kay-Kay was so excited about. I walked to her room carefully, trying not to step on Chay-Chay cause she was sleeping peacefully on the floor beside Kay-Kay's bed. I sat on the side of the bed and I saw pictures of Me, Chandra, August, Mel, Jordan and Ava from back in the day. I smiled a bit to myself, remembering all the crazy shit we did together. Mama Sheila was in a few pics too. She was like a second mama to everyone but Mel and August. Cause that was they mama. Kay-Kay walked back into the room, dragging Chandra behind her.

"Sweetie," I said in a lowkey voice, "Where did you get these pictures from?"
Kay-Kay just sat there in silence, looking like she was thinking. Chandra looked at the pictures with her eyes bugging out of her head.

"Yo C, you ight?" I asked bluntly.
"Mhmm" she hums. She picks up the pictures one by one and she either smiles or frowns at them. Her eyes got glossy and her face was getting a bit pale.

"You know ..... Umm..Daddy's birthday..is coming up.. And I want everyone to celebrate it. Have a family dinner and then visit him underground!" Kay-Kay finally says, breaking the sad silence.

Me and Chandra exchanged similar glances. I don't think that's a good idea. It's going to be an emotional wreck. I can feel it.

August POV </

My tour is finishing up soon. 3 days before Mel's birthday. Kay-Kay wants everyone to celebrate his birthday as a family. I think I'm going back to New Orleans to surprise my mama on Mel's birthday. I tried talking to Chandra about it but she's acting strange. So is everyone else, actually. I signed into FaceTime and called my Kay-Kay. I love that girl like she's my daughter. And she can't hide shit from me.

Kay-Kay answered with this big, bright smile on her face.
"Hey, Babygirl! I miss you!" I tell her.
"I miss you too! Are you coming for daddy's birthday?" She asked.
"Yass, baby," her smile widened.

"AUNTIE! UNCLE AUGUST IS COMING TO DADDYS BIRTHDAY! He can finally see you again!" She yells to someone across from her. What is she talking about? Who's
this auntie.? Who am I gonna see again?

"Kay-kay, baby, who am I gonna see again?"

She looks up, then down again.
"I can't tell you!" She says. She gives me this evil smirk and ends the call. I'm so confused.

***************************
Is y'all feeling my new book.?
Oorrrrr naaahhh.?

Should I continue this story.?

- Who killed Jordan.?
- Why did they kill Jordan.?
- Will Alaina find out who did.?
- Will August remember Alaina.?
- How will Alaina react when she sees August again.?

Not gonna update unless I get 10 votes and 2 comments. Thank y'all for reading my first ratchet book.! And hope y'all will read this ratchet book or story, idfk also😂.! Love y'all.!

Vote
Comment

Share
&
Add this to your library.
*****************************