Chapter One

"Mom I don't understand why I need to get up.", I said turning over under my covers.

"We have new neighbor's coming! Sweetheart, please, you're always in your bed eating and sleeping.", mom is right I always sleep. What can I say, I'm living the life.

I pick up a chip that I found from under my covers and plop it in my mouth."We have new neighbor's all the time, why is this time so special?"

"We are good Americans. If you don't get your butt downstairs, I'm taking away your Nutella!" She said while walking downstairs.

I jumped out of bed and put on my dad's UCLA sweatshirt. I smelled it hoping to find a remaining scent, "I love you", I wisperd.

*******
I looked in the mirror one more time agusting my sweater.

I'm wearing a white sweater with blue jeans and my wonderful uggs. I tried to curl my hair earlier but that failed. I'm quite sexy if I say so for myself. I have golden blond hair that falls perfectly around my shoulders. I eat a lot but I seem to never gain weight. But for some reason I never had a boyfriend, not something I'm proud of...

A knock on the door distracted me from my thoughts.

"Lucy, come down here and meet the Williams!",Mom shouted.

I started to run down the stairs until I tripped. I was waiting for the compact until I fell onto a hard chest. "Umm, I'm so sorry I-I..." I stuttered, I looked up into my savior's eyes. They are a light gray that makes his whole apperince look welcoming.

"Don't crack your head open.", he said while laughing. When he laughs his whole body shakes. He is wearing a dark blue shirt that shows his muscles perfectly. Mom coughs and makes me realize that we've been in this position for too long. I jumped out of his arms and stuck my hand out.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Lucy."

"James," he shook my hand and looked away. He has this look in his eye that I don't understand, sad? Disappointed? "Nice to um... meet you."

I looked a Mrs. Williams, "So how are you guys with, you know, moving in and everything."

"It has been tough, all of these boxes are giving me a headache." She laughed. Looking between the two of them, you can really see the similarities between them. The same eyes and hair color, their sharp jaw line.

"I have food in the kitchen and cookies in the oven!" Mom said.

*********
"Then Lucy decided to steal the dog from the poor lady!" , Mom said looking at me.

"Alright, alright let's not talk about my criminal days." I say, meeting James' eyes. He smirked at me and held my gaze for a couple of moments. "So how do you like our beautiful town?"

"I actually lived here when I was little." James said leaving me in shock.

"When did you leave?"

"I was around seven I think."

"How about you guys go and hang for a little bit while your mother and I talk?" Mrs.Williams said, interrupting our conversation.

James and I got up and went upstairs in my room. Mom trusted me to have company in my room.

Once we got up there James went straight to my door. "How did you know that this was my room?"

He pointed to the crack,"I can picture you falling into the door and making this huge crack." He looked at me with those piercing eyes.

"You know, I don't really remember how that happened." I said taking a seat on my bed. James sat down on my desk chair.

"How come?"

"What do you mean?"

"You said that you didn't remember how you got a huge crack in your door, how come?"

This question was different from other questions people asked me when it comes to memory problems. When I was seven I got into a horrible car crash. Loosing my memory and the killing my father. He died a couple of hours after the crash. Since then , I can't remember anything before then. I only can recognize my dad from only pictures.

"I was is a car accident when I was seven, I can't remember anything before that." I breathed out. I never had to explain the accident to anybody, mom took care of that. I looked everywhere but his eyes.

He scooted closer and lifted my chin, "You can talk about it if you want."

"Nah, but now you need to tell me something"

"I really enjoy waffles!" , James said while trying to be serious.

"No, I want some personal stuff. None of this 'my favorite color' mess."

"Okay, okay when I was younger I had this amazing friend, we were glued together since we were born." He looked like he had memories flash in his eyes. "My father did something horrible, mom and I left after that. I was too young to understand what was happing. I didn't even get to say goodbye to my best friend."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be, seriously that was eleven years ago."

He decided to lay down on the floor with his hands behind his head. You can see his huge biceps under him long sleeve black T-shirt perfectly. He looked up at me with his million dollar smile. "Do you want to go somewhere with me?"

"Sure."
••••••••••••••••
First chapter, thank you!