Red Lipstick

Belgium 

   I saw her earlier. Elizaveta Hedervary. I greeted her when she came to the ball. I complimented her beautiful dress and her perfectly sculpted red lips. But I don't know where she is now. She disappeared suddenly saying she'll be back in a moment. But it's been more than ten minutes. That's longer than a moment and I'm quite curious. 

Germany

   Gilbert was acting strange. My brother, Gilbert Beilschmidt. It started when I pointed out that Elizaveta arrived. He wasn't paying attention to me. He would occasionally gaze at her. I could tell he had something on his mind. So I let him go. Classic Gilbert. 

Belgium 

   It's been 25 minutes and I still don't see her. I'm getting kind of worried. 

   "Hey, Bel! Sorry, I had to do something," Elizaveta says trotting up to me. 

   "That's fine, I was just going to- hey, most of your lipstick is gone and smudged. What happened?" Oh dear, what did she do.  

   "Oh, I- um- well," she blushes. She can hardly talk, she's stuttering. Elizaveta is really blushing deeply. 

    "Ah, Eliza, you're strange. Let's go see if Toni is here yet," I say to change the subject. Gosh, she's so readable.

Germany

   So I was talking to Kiku for the time being. But Gilbert was still on my mind. So I decide to tell him everything that happened. 

   "Hey, West, I'm back," Gilbert ambles over to me. Kiku gives me a light smile as if to say I'll leave you two alone, and left. Gilbert's cheek is turning a pinky color. It's damaged somehow. 

   "What happened?" He got slapped. It's obvious. What did he do this time. 

   "N-nothing," His eyes shift to the left as his face turns red with a blush. I already have this figured out: he said something stupid to Elizaveta and she slapped him. 

   "What did you say to her?" He looks back at me and blushes deeper. 

   "That was in the beginning. Don't worry about it," he retaliates. Then I notice something new. There's a red stain. Not of blood but a faint stain. It's on his collar and lightly on his other cheek, right by his mouth. 

   "What's that?" I say flicking his collar. Then he blushes deeper than it has been. His whole face is red. 

   "I- well-... I- um," he really can't talk. It's lipstick. Red lipstick. I just know it is. It's Elizaveta's red lipstick. 

I know what happened.