Heart Shaped Love

“Hey could you pass me that?”

I asked my best friend, Jade, who I’ve known since 2nd grade.

“Yeah, sure...”

 She answered me as she passed the plastic spoon that she wasn’t using.

 “I was meaning to ask you if you wanted to go to the mall to get some games from E-BEE this Saturday.”

 She looked at me with wide eyes meaning she wanted something else. I sighed and then answered

 “What do you want at the store?”

 I wasn’t really a question. I knew that she wanted to have a new pair of converse.

“Well there’s some really cheap con- “She started.

“A pair of cheap converse at payless; I know you’ve told me about them already” I continued.

 She looked pleased and continued eating her second piece chocolate cake. You see ever since 5th grade we have had an obsession over food, but thanks to our metabolism we stay skinny, it’s awesome.

Just then I saw Jades ‘boyfriend’ walk by and kiss her on the cheek before sitting down next to her.

“Hey, babe” He said trying to play it cool in front of me. I look at Jade, her cheeks were a pale pink, suddenly my heart was pounding and it seemed to me that the whole world had stopped. All I could hear was the things in my head that I was thinking. ‘How did she get so, so pretty? I swear she never looked like that when we were kids….what happened?’

‘Can she always manage to take my breath away?’ And.

‘OH MY GOSH! Does she always look like a princess?’

Suddenly I was kicked out of the world I had created by Jades voice.

“Hey Josh, what’s up?” she asked the thing sitting to her left.

“Just came to see you, doll face!” he replied with a grin.

As I stood up I said “Well I’m feeling sick so this is me going to put my tray away. Ahh, Jade. When do you want me to pick you up?”

She bit her lip and, looked down at her food. That’s when I realized that I wasn’t supposed to mention it. So I decided to make a quick recovery and exclaimed.

“Oh sorry I thought you were the one that asked me to help them with math, never mind!” I was in the process of walking away when something touched my shoulder.

I turned around and standing there was the one person I had been trying to avoid since the begging of time, Casey Smyth.

   Sorry that this is short but I guesse you could say that this is just a sneakpeek.

greenfrogy16