one

Lauren's POV

"Mum, why the fucking hell do I have to join you at your fucking family vacation?! I think I am old enough to stay at home alone!"

"Lauren, how often do I have to tell you, that you are actually old enough but you already said it. Family vacation. You belong to this family." my mum was seriously angry now. I didn't like fighting with her.

I mean, hell yeah, I belong to this family, but I am 17 years old. Is it to much to stay at home for a few weeks?!

But everything I have done didn't change my mums mind. So I packed my bags for 5 weeks California as well.

On Friday after school I went home and ate something. At about 3 pm my parents told me and my two younger siblings to go and grab our bags, because we were about to leave. I went upstairs to my room and took my two bags.

I only hoped, that this wouldn't be that bad.

Taylor, my 12 year old sister, was already very excited about this trip. Like everyone was, except me.

We got into the car and the first thing I did was putting my earphones on and turning up my music. Chris (he's my 14 year old brother) was asking how long this going by car would take. He didn't like going by car.

I think I heard something like "2 hours" which was totally okay for me. I flipped my long black hair back and stared outside the window, listening to my music.

After a while I felt my earphones being pulled out of my ears.

"Taylor! What's up now?!" my little sister was annoying me like it was her job.

"Only 15 minutes left. And then we're there!"

"Don't be so loud" I groaned.

"I'm not loud. I'm excited!" She looked at me with really excited eyes. Okay, she was cute and so was her excitement, but I was annoyed. By this trip, by everything.

"Chris, am I loud?" Now she pulled my brother's earphones off his head.

I couldn't help but smile at the behavior of my sister.

"Yes, you are actually too loud" he replied.

"Kids, stop discussing! It's vacation! We're all supposed to be happy" my mum chirped from in front of us.

"If we're supposed to be happy, what am I doing here?" I mumbled, turned the volume of my music up and stared out of the window.

My mum gave me this don't-test-me-look and I knew she meant it.

About 15 minutes later we finally arrived at this house in which we would be living for the next few weeks.

My siblings hurried up to get into the house for getting the best rooms.

I didn't care about this. I never did. This house was near the beach, near the woods and a small town was about 20 minutes away if you walk, so I wouldn't be that often in my room.

I got the room, which Taylor and Chris found to small or whatever. It was big enough.

After I put my things into the closet and little shelves and so one I went downstairs to tell my parents that I'll go to look around a bit.

They said I had to be home before 6 pm and I left.

I didn't care about being home before 6 pm either. If I'd be too late, they'd call me.

I went down to the beach first to take a look at the water. My fingers played with the sand as I sat down on a rock and watched to waves.

"Hey, are you okay?" I needed a bit to realize that my brother came down to the beach as well and started talking to me.