Prologue

I was 5 years old, silly little me, still picked my nose. I had the cutest bob cut blonde hair in the whole world. I was in kindergarten, and in love with my next-door neighbour, Connor.

Mum and Dad had left me and my idiotic elder sister at home. "Hey, Em, I've got Henry over from next-door, he's bringing Connor." Okay, so, before I was not listening to her at all, but when I heard her say the word Connor, my whole face lit up. I started doing my little 'Connor's coming over' dance I did when I got to see Connor. "Okay, okay, don't get too excited now, he does only life next door, jeez Emma!" She shouted at me, as she had super loud music playing off her old iPod.

The doorbell rings a few minutes later, and Hallie, my older sister runs and opens it. I hear a faint, "Hi Henry, Connor," before Connor starts running in to greet me with a big, squeezy hug. We, as 5 year olds, laugh and laugh and laugh. I take his hand and run to show him my room, which he had seen so many times before. He casually jumps on my pretty pink bed. "Hey Em?" he says, looking out the door. "Yes Connor?" I say in my cute, squeaky voice. "I have to show you something!" He then takes my hands, and leads me to the back door of my house, and towards the big, loud arena, 500 metres in front of us.

It was cricket, the first season of Big Bash League in Australia, 20/20s. The roar from the arena was enormous, it hurt my ears like, a lot.

Connor takes me round a few corners, and then up these stairs, I had never, ever seen. At the top, we got a birds-eye-view of arena, and seeing people in the stands cheering. A male bowler, in purple, bowls to another man, in green this time. The green man hits the ball, and goes way into the air, and drops back down, and another purple man catches it, the crowd goes completely wild, and chanting, "Hurricanes, hurricanes, hurricanes!"

"Come on Em," Connor yells, I try to keep up, but I have to be careful about my sneakers, which were, of course, undone, like always! Connor led me up to a deck, and we got a really cool birds-eye-view of the stadium, where my parents, and Connor's parents would have been sitting! I normally had an enormous fear of heights, but today, with Connor, I completely forgot everything. My sister and Henry would probably not be freaked out, but forget all about us, I completely forgot about that, I felt free, something I, as a 5 year old would not understand.

Connor sighed, as he looked at me with wide eyes. When he had wide eyes, he would have been thinking about something. I wondered what he would be thinking of. There would be millions, billions, of thoughts!

I got lost in my thoughts, and didn't notice Connor move away from me, disappearing. I suddenly got really scared. "Connor, Connor, Connor!" I screamed. Connor immediately reappeared. "Shush Em, we'll awake the neighbours!" He snapped at me, he then said in a more quite voice: "I was just getting these!" He moved his left hand from behind his back, to reveal beautiful red roses. I gushed, "Connor, are those for me?" He nods. "They're beautiful, red roses are my favourite," I told him, they really were!

I took the flowers and leaned in and hugged him. He let go of me, and kissed me...

Hi guys,

So, what do you think of the story so far?

It's okay guys, this isn't an In stereo fan-fiction,,

So don't get annoyed at me plz!

Plz comment what you think about the story so far, and plz can you tell me what you think will happen next in the book, I want to see how you all think the storyline will go!

Thanks, hope you enjoy the rest of the book!

Imi! <3