Prologue

The sun was setting over the ocean, turning the sky and water orange in it's glow. It was peaceful, serene, but as beautiful as it looked, it eventually had to end. End the beauty and end the day. The sunset told children when it was time to head home, and told the animals when to begin their decent into sleep.

This particular sunset was signalizing the end of something much bigger than the day, or play time. This sunset marked the end of life as it was known to a grand civilization. The day that the sun had brought doom, despair, and death to these people, destroying their home as they knew it. The strongest of their kind have been killed, and the weak were left to flee.

The monsters that ran these people from their home were oozing purple smoke and tar. They destroyed everything in their path, and anyone foolish enough to try and stop them. There were large and small monsters, corrupt people, and the undead. Necromancers and sirens, ogres and man-eating plants, and even thorn-tree giants.

Hundreds of ships carrying thousands of immigrants have sailed to the land. The land prospered, grew, and became a technological advanced magical mix of species. The natives and immigrants got along, and the queen of the land was fair and kind. A prosperous land, brought to it's knees by an ancient enemy.

Hundreds of ships sailed to this land, this paradise.

Only three managed to escape.