She is dead

The little fairy, in the bright green dress, flew towards the biggest tree on the island. In this tree, there lived a boy and he was her favorite person in the whole world. He was also the only person she had truly loved. The boy she loved was a very stubborn boy. He wanted to play all day and fool around and he most certainly never wanted to grow up. She loved his personality, his eyes, just everything about him made her smile. 

She flew into the tree and found the boy she loved laying on the big table in the center of the room. He was sleeping. She snatched the red feather from his hat and started to tickle his nose with it. He turned quickly, almost falling of the table. The little fairy laughed at the sight. Quickly he snatched the feather from her and attached it to his hat and flew out of the tree with her close behind.

They flew high up in the sky and messed around in between the clouds. He made funny faces at her and they laughed. She loved hearing him laugh. When he laughed it was like the world around them froze. The little fairy held on to those moments, these moments was the source of her life.

They went to the beach to see what the ocean had brought to shore. A doll with a blue dress and brown curly hair, a glass bottle and a box. The box laying in the pile of rocks caught the fairys attention. It was pink with a rose pattern. There was a little golden handle on the back. The boy noticed that his friend was studying the box. He picked it up and opened it. Inside there was a figure. It was a little girl with long golden hair. She was wearing a pink dress and holding her arms high above her head. He turned the handle around a few times and as soon as he let go, music came out of the box and the little girl started twirling.

The boy looked amazed at the little dancing girl as she spun around and around. When she stopped dancing he felt almost a little sad. He quickly turned the handle again so she could keep dancing.

The little fairy noticed the way he looked at the dancing girl. He never looked at her the same way. She felt a bit jealous at the dancing girl. She thought about how to get her out of her way, but then she pushed the thought away. 'I will never sink that deep' the fairy mumbled to herself.

When the sun went under the horizon, they went home. The little fairy flew to her little house and the boy flew home to the tree with the pink box. When she came home, she sat down on her mushroom. She looked at her reflection in the little mirror she once found at the beach. She looked weak. Her wings hung low and her glowing light was beginning to fade.

The next day she flew over to the tree again. Eager to see her friend again she flew as fast as she could. She flew in to the room. He was laying on the big table looking at the little dancing girl. She flew over to him and tried to get his attention but he just waved his hand at her. He didn't want her there, all he wanted was to look at the little dancing girl.

There were many days like this, too many days. She tried to get his attention but he would just wave his hand at her and make her leave so he could be alone with his little dancing girl.

During the last days of the fairys life, she just stayed in her house. She would scream at her own reflection. Blaming herself because the boy she loved didn't pay attention to her anymore. She desperately cried, screamed his name until she lost her voice. In the end she only cried. And when her last tear fell, all of her light faded and the pink box with the little dancing girl broke into a million pieces.

The boy desperately tried to fix the box and the dancing girl, but nothing worked. He cried for days and begged the dancing girl to dance again, but he realized that she never would. He gathered the pieces and flew to the beach. He returned to the place where they had found the box, dug a little hole in the sand and buried the broken music box.

Then he started to think of his friend. He hadn't seen her for a long time. He decided to surprise her. He flew as fast as he could to her little house.

He called out her name. But his friend didn't respond. He called out her name again still he didn't get any response. He pushed the curtain away and looked inside. He could see his friend laying on top of the mushroom. Right away, he figured something was wrong. She wasn't glowing like she usually did. He called her name but she didn't move and he realized that she was gone.

Gently, he took her out of her little house and brought her to a river. He made a little boat for her out of a leaf and put her in. He threw a bit of flying dust on her boat. He gently placed the boat on the water. The boat floated further down the river. When the water dropped the boat started flying into the horizon.

'Goodbye' he whispered as the tears streamed down his face.

For an endless number of days, he just laid on the big table, crying, stroking the red feather she once tickled his nose with. He remembered how she laughed. Her beautiful laughter, he missed her, he missed everything about her. He knew that it was his fault that she died and that made him cry even more. It wasn't until after she had died, that he understood how much he actually loved her. He regretted everything that had to to with the music box. In the end, he died because of his broken heart.