Take My Hand, Child, Come With Me

(Jimmy's POV)

Oh how I love being on stage. As sweat gathers on my brow and the crowd of adoring fans scream their little hearts out for us. Thousands of fans out there and It's all for us. I love it. The glory of it all. And in those tender moments when all goes quiet save for the pluck of a string, the pitter-patter of a soft drum roll, or the cooing of our vocalist, Robert... oh those amazing moments. Those moments when the crowd is so in awe, so filled with anticipation, that they dare not even breathe.

This was one of those moments.

I sat on my stool playing short little rhythms, and Robert, who stood near me, was matching the notes perfectly with his voice. Not a noise was heard save for Robert and I, fighting our own war on stage. The crowd was standing quietly, watching our little battle play out. Voice versus guitar.

I struck a high chord hoping to catch Robert off guard but to the amazement of the crowd he hit it perfectly. As I expected, the crowd went wild. Our war was over. Robert had won. He turned to face me and he gave me a smug little wink.

But I was not mad, for Robert had earned this victory. I smiled back at him with appreciation. He truly was amazing although I would never tell him that so easily. He was the only possible choice for vocals. I wouldn't have anyone else. But his amazing vocal chords weren't the only reason I would accept no one but him.

As we walked off stage, I brushed past Robert. Intentionally of course. He noticed and began following me to my dressing room. He knew exactly what I wanted.

I walked in the room not even looking behind me for I knew he would be following. I heard him step into the room and shut the door behind himself.

"Hey Jim, sorry for embarrassing you out there" he said

"Embarrass me? You didn't embarrass me. You did good Robert." I began to walk towards him, slowly. "You did very good" we stood face to face, Robert in between the wall and myself. I placed my hands on the wall on either side of his head and moved so that our faces were even closer but not quite touching.

"You smell of whiskey" was all Robert said to me before he placed his hands behind my head and pulled my face towards his. He touched his lips to mine.

Oh his lips. They were perfect in every way. The way he moved his lips against mine was magical and could only be compared to his singing itself. He was equally skilled at both and since he was such an amazing singer, well, you can imagine how wonderful this moment was.

I moved closer so his body was flush with my own. Through his skin tight pants I could feel his.. Erm.. "Package" against my leg. I'm sure he felt the same thing and my suspicions were confirmed when a soft, angelic moan escaped from his lips. I silenced it with another kiss and began to stroke his cheeks and hair with my skilled fingers.

Intimate moments like these shared the same ferocity and intimacy as being on stage. The same passion came out. The same intensity was shared between us as it was in those quiet moments when it was just he and I on stage and no one else.

This perfect man, my band mate, stood in front of me, in my arms.

He would be mine tonight. That much I was certain of.

Authors note:

So this was my attempt at a Jimbert one-shot sort of thing. I'm thinking about continuing it but I'm not so sure. It depends on if you guys enjoyed it or not so... Leave me a comment please and tell me what you thought and share any suggestions that you may have with me. Thank you for reading and for voting or commenting if you did any of that. I love you guys! <3

- killerqueenmaylor (Patricia)