The wait

"Remy! Aspen! Come get breakfast!" Lorynn called to her 2 young daughters. 12 year old Remy and 11 year old aspen scurried down the steps and into the kitchen where breakfast was served. "Mmm pancakes." Remy smiled ,taking a seat behind a full plate. Aspen sat next to her as they both began to swallow their food whole. Lorynn chuckled at their gluttonous ways. Once they were finished, Lorynn took their dirty dishes and put them in the sink. "Morning daddy's babies." Chresanto greeted, giving each lady a kiss. "Mornin' daddy." Remy and Aspen chimed. "Mornin' baby. Your plate is already made." Lorynn smiled, gesturing towards the plate. "Thank you, love."

"Alright girls time for school. Go ahead and get your bookbags and meet me in the car." Lorynn clapped, snatching her keys off the counter and making her way to the car. "Love you, Chres. I'll be back in a little bit." She called back before walking out the door. The girls soon followed after as chresanto watched the girls climb into the car and pull off. Once they were out of view, he sprung into action. He sprinted up the stairs and into his bedroom. He jerked 2 suitcases from under the bed and rushed them down stairs. He found a pen and pad then began to write a letter. •I'll be back later. I love you and tell Remy and Aspen that I love them too.• He sighed whilst ripping the paper from the pad. He set it down on the counter where he was sure his wife would see it. Chresanto took one last look at his home and headed out to his car. He continued to watch the house as he loaded up the Lexus. With a sad sigh he pulled out of the driveway and took off towards his destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

10 minutes later, Lorynn arrived home from dropping the girls off at school. She entered the kitchen in hope of catching Chresanto before he went to work but got a small note instead. She read it over in confusion. 'Why would he leave this note? Of course I know he'll be back after work.' Lorynn thought, throwing the note back down. Lorynn thought nothing else of the strange note and continued on with her day as a house wife but the note meant a lot more then what she thought.

Picture of Lorynn to the side