my summer job

Cherry's POV

I woke to the sound of my annoying alarm clock going off. Tiredly i turn around in my bed to realize what day today is . A sudden burst of excitement runs through my blood and i start jumping up and down and squealing. Today is the last day i have to spend in this hell hole. Seeing as i graduated from high school 2 weeks ago and its is now the 5th day of summer , i no longer have to live here. My 18th birthday is in less than 3 weeks and i will be spending it on Warped Tour . Yes , you heard right . Warped Tour . The summer long tour that many bands come together to play and kids attend to forget their problems even if its just for one day . Whether it be bullies , or dealing with their parents , or just plain stress , this the place they go to forget about it. i how ever wil be attending it all summer. i received an email 2 weeks ago that i got a job as a photographer all summer long . The paying is really good therefore when i come back i will have enough to get my own apartment . For now all my stuff is staying at a friends garage . My best friend , emilee is picking me up in an our to take me to the first venue , there i will be assigned my tour bus and will be able to settle in . 

As i rushed around my room putting the last of my stuff in my suitcase , my mind starts to wonder , will the other photographers like me? What about the bands? will they like me ? All these questions were running through my mind when i heard a honk out side. It was my friend emilee. Here we go.

I ran down stairs , a bag in each hand. I was greeted outside by emilee who helped me put my suitcases in her trunk.

 "Are you nervous ?" she asked me.

"not at all!" was all i said but i really felt like my insides were going to spill out at any moment from how nervous i was.  

15 minutes later, we arrived at the venue. me and emilee got out of the car and went to back to the trunk . Then she pulled me into a bone crushing hug , tears threatening to spill . Her eyes held happiness and sadness at the same time. I knew this was going to happen. We both stood in a hug crying our eyes out. Emilee was always there for me. We met when we were 4 because our moms were friends. Since the day we met, we've been inseparable. We even begged our moms to let us go to the same school. To our luck , they ended up moving across the street , 3 houses down from us. Every day it was me and her against the world.

"text me every night alright ?!' she told me.

"you know i will" and with that we finished saying our goodbyes and i watched her drive off in her car . I turned around and took in the view . The tour buses were so big as was the venue. A suitcase in each hand, i started walking toward the entrance. 

AUTHORS NOTE 

This is the first chapter of my first book on here :'D . Let me know what you think ! I know this isnt that good , but i will try to improve as the  chapters go by .