The Meeting

"Brad, will you go out with me?"
"I will"
--
2nd of February

A drop of sweat ran down Brad's face as he gazed at the arrivals gate through thin eyeholes. He, Tyrodin and Muselk had decided to all come and welcome Shen to Australia, however, with Brad being himself, he had adorned his cardboard Bradstion helmet. He was regretting this decision however, with it being summer, and all the air conditioner in the world didn't stop him from getting drenched in sweat. 

Sean and Elliott looked upon Brad in pure amusement. "There's no amount of shields I can put up that will save Bradstion from this encounter, especially with such a laggy Hanzo" Sean said in his Reinhardt voice, earning a chuckle from Elliott beside him. "Why do you reckon he gets so jittery when he's nervous" Muselk asked, pointing at the shuddering teen. "It must be what he looks like when he's triggered".

Suddenly, a very tired looking girl walked through the gate, carrying a small bag adorned with the Overwatch logo. She looked up from her phone, and through the helmet their eyes locked. Vero immediately doubled over laughing her ass off, as she jogged towards him and practically crash tackled him into a bear hug. She ripped the box off his head and gazed into her internet boyfriend's eyes for the first time in person. They were still for a while, with their eyes locked in a part embrace, before Tyrodin butted in with a 'HAMMER DOWN!' as he bopped a foam hammer down onto Brad's head, causing him to recoil away from Vero in surprise. "Save it for the bedroom lovebirds," Muselk added behind him, prompting a blush from the German. They walked as a group towards the baggage carousel, Brad and Vero hand in hand, and collected her bags. 

As they reached Sean's car, Elliott jumped immediately into the front seat, leaving Brad and Vero in the back. "It's not far to the hotel, don't worry, you get to sleep soon" Brad said looking across at the silently yawning girl across from him. "Oh thank fuck" she replied as she stretched in the small hatchback. Brad couldn't help but watch her, as she cracked her back, and tried to find a comfortable spot  on the hot leather seats. Her glance met his stare, and she slapped his leg. "Keep it in your pants, will you? At least wait until I'm not sweating up a storm on these seats!" she said with a chuckle. Brad's eyes widened, and he turned his attention back to the window. 'Where's his general cockiness gone? He's barely said a word to me yet'  Vero wondered, turning her head back out her window.

15 Minutes Later

A sweaty Vero wandered into the lobby of the hotel where she and the rest of the crew would stay (Why? Plot, that's why.) "Now Vero, you and Brad are rooming together, because you're just so cute together, we thought 'why not?'" Tyrodin said behind her, ruffling Brad's hair, causing him to groan and shy away from him. After some check-in, Brad and Vero headed into the lift up to their room, on the 9th floor of 10. "Should be a nice view, hey Brad?" Vero asked. He grunted affirmatively in response. 'There is definitely something up'  Vero told herself, as they walked towards their room. 

Before they got in, Tyrodin and Muselk arrived behind them. "Hey so guys, we were thinking of heading for dinner about 8, so that gives you about 2 hours to do whatever you want, wink wink nudge nudge" Sean told them with a smirk. "Oh shut the fuck up Tyrodin" Brad and Vero said in unison, causing them to glance at each other in surprise. "Already finishing each other's sentences? Oh boy you two must be MADE for each other" he said, as he left towards his room, with Elliott heading towards his. With a sigh, Brad took his keycard out of the door and rushed inside and immediately crashed on the bed. Vero sat down next to him, and put her hand lightly on his shoulder. "Brad, what's up with you today? You've barely spoken to me, and you don't exactly sound pleased with Sean and Elliott either. Is it me?" she asked him, and he turned his head slightly to look her in the eye. "It's not you, I don't know, I guess I'm just nervous. I mean, talking to you on Skype is difficult sometimes, and so this is just a whole new... whole new ball game" he said, voice muffled by the bed linens, before turning his head away.

"Hey Brad, sit up for a sec".

"Uh, ok" he responded, and he slowly sat up on the bed.

"Look me in the eye".

"Um, a-alright" he said, eyes locked.

"It's definitely just nerves?"

"Yeah, I think so"

"Good" she said, as she pulled him close and locked lips with him for a few moments.

"WOOOOOOOOOOOO! ZYLPAI SHIP FOREVER AM I RIGHT GUYS?" Elliott said, standing in the open doorway, held open by Shen's suitcase. Brad scampered off to the bathroom, and Shen buried her face in her hands. This was going to be a long, long weekend.