"No, mom, I don't want Charolette Johanson at my wedding," I sigh. "Why not? Because she's a witch- that's why not."

"Honey," Wyatt, my fiancée, soothes.

"Listen, mom, the plane's about to take off, I gotta go." I rub my temple. "Love you."

"Ava, I think you should listen to your mother. I mean, almost everybody is going to the wedding. Why not this Charolette Johanson girl?" Wyatt questions.

"Wyatt, she is the most selfish, egotistical person on the planet. She makes everything about her, and makes sure everyone knows just how wealthy she is. She makes my life a living hell every time I see her." I roll my eyes.

"I'm sure she can't be that bad," he chuckles.

"I guess you'll see. When are your parents coming?"

"In a week," he answers. I nod. "But for now, let's watch a movie and wait to land."

--2 hours and 33 minutes--

"Ava," I'm shaken awake lightly. "Ava, wake up. We're at the airport."

"Yeah, okay, I'm up." I sit up and look around. "Alright, let's go find a cab."

"Actually, I already got us a rental. Come on." He smiles, grabbing my hand.

"You're the best." I kiss him.

We get in the car, driving for almost an hour until we arrive at my mother's house. I sigh, staring from the car window to the house.

"Hey," my fiancée puts his hand on mine, "it's gonna be okay."

I nod. "Here we go."

We walk up to the door, but before I can even ring the doorbell, it's thrown open.

"Well, it's about time." My well-put-together mother nags.

"Sorry, mom, we ran into some traffic.." I trail off.

"Right. Anyway, come in. The Bristols are here." She drags us inside.

"Your parents? I thought they weren't coming for another week?" I whisper to Wyatt.

"I thought so, too." He shrugs.

"Ava, hi!" Carol, Wyatt's mother, beams. "It's been so long!"

     "It's been three weeks." I mutter under my breath. I shake myself out of it and give a bright smile. "Okay, Wyatt and I are going to settle in."

     "Oh, but you just got here." Carol begs.

     "Yeah, but if I don't do it now, I never will." I fake a laugh before leading my fiancée up the stairs and away from the chaos that is our families.

     "Hey," Wyatt pulls me to him when we get into my old room, "calm down. I love you."

     "I love you, too." He kisses me. I start unpacking my suitcase, but stop almost immediately. "Uh, hey, I'll be back. I'm gonna go get a coffee."

     "I can come wi-"

     "No, I'm okay." I interrupt before making my way down stairs and out of the house.