Kingdom Hearts: Shadows and the New Dawn: Chapter 1

Radiant Gardens, it had been two long years since the War of Heartless and Nobodies, and yet the reminders still remained. The castle was still in constructed ruins, the life of the land barely starting to spring back. Yet hoped remained in the hearts of its citizens, for there was someone there to protect them all from the children of darkness that remained here. 

The resident named Kin-Kin had been born and raised here, and was one of the city’s most well known citizens now. During the height of the shadow’s reign, in the peace before the storm, a rabbit-like creature named Oswald had bestowed upon her a sacred key that could best the coming enemies. 
She had dwelled in the heart of the city, taking on enemies while the hero named Sora rushed by and returned a few times. The two never crossed paths, the woman was too shy to admit any closeness to him by the weapon they both possessed.

Her skin was a lovely light brown shade, like mocha with creamer, with spiky black hair at her front and neat spaced out dreadlocks running down the edges of her shoulders in the back. Her eyes were a deep chocolate shade of brown, her eyelashes long and dark. Her face was round, and her nose was a bit bent, her form slightly short and her arms and legs heavy with muscle from years of training. She was handsome for a girl, with pierced ears and a slightly crooked smile. She bore a white loose-fitting jacket, a dark black undershirt and long jeans, with light blue shoes, with bangles on her wrists that clacked together when she swung her arms about. 

Her parents resided here, proud of the small accomplishments of the Key Bearer in training. They were both bakers who owned a small store in the town square. Her father was light skinned, skinny and tall and her mother was dark skinned, a bit more plump and short. They both knew she had a strong light in her, and wanted her to explore worlds unknown in the near future.
Kin-Kin protected the people, taking more care of them then herself. She had a strong and quick temper, and was not patient with those that planned too meticulously for helping those that needed it.  
She was nearing the ripe age of twenty at this time, still trying to discover herself and where and what she wanted to do. No call for her had come otherwise, and there was not much to do in this small world either any longer. 

She often would reminiscent about lost friends she had grown with. It had hurt in the past.
Snow…he was near and dear to her. Her parents had a hard time conceiving a child, so she was lucky to even exist. Because she had no siblings, Snow was sort of her adopted brother. He lived alone in a tiny abandoned house and did street shows to get his munny. He was given bread and food from Kin-Kin’s family, and often stayed over. He had taught her to fight, and how to be brave. He would tell her every day never to give up, and that she and him would be heroes in the future. But years later when she got the Keyblade around her 17th birthday, he left without a word. The Keyblade she felt was the reason he left. It was a terrible responsibility.

Her other friend had been Emerald, a girl she had a deep interest in for some time during her early years. She felt that they could have been an item together, and often imagined kissing her or holding her hand. She was a pale girl, with deep black hair who liked to laugh and sing and tell jokes. She could grow plants so easily and loved making clocks with her father. But one day her hair had suddenly become a pale purple color, and then dyed over trying to hide it. There wasn’t any questioning about it from anyone at the school, but after a few more months she and her father were no longer there. There wasn’t even a trace of her house left. 

She cursed the weapon she had been given, it made her feel like a threat to others, like they should fear darkness coming when they saw her. She didn’t feel like a hero here, though everyone always thanked her and let her have things. It wasn’t rewarding…it was like a prison. There was no call for her to be something more and due to her inability to fly a Gummi, she was stuck until she could find a way out. She dreamed big, she would fly airplanes with her father, and watch the stars, imagining all the different worlds in the sky. She would dream of meeting and talking with other Keyblade Masters and Bearers, heroes of other worlds. She dreamed of meeting her old friends, her brother Snow and her crush Emerald again all together in one place. She helped the world look new by planting flowers in the battlefield where there had once been 1000 Heartless. 
Each and every day she would recline on a rooftop, watching the clouds lazily drift by and wonder when her life would make a change for the better, when she could prove she was a real, true hero.