An Eventful Night

Nina Taylor P.O.V.

"12:30." Great. I just have to get through another 30 minutes and then I can go home. Besides, no one really comes here after 10 so I should be fine. I get to my last table, pick up the leftover plates and take them to the back. By the time I come back out, I see a group of people standing at the entrance. "Ok, calm yourself. It probably won't be as bad as you think." I start walking and as I get closer I realize that they're celebrities- specifically Kylie Jenner, Tyga, Chris Brown, DJ Khaled, and the chick he brought with him.

"Hello, welcome to The Golden Plaza. My name is-" Before I even get to finish, Kylie cuts me off. "Yeah, no one cares what your name is. We just want to be seated." I exhale and smile, trying to keep my composure. She lucky I need this job or I would have went off. 

"Right this way." I lead them to a booth in the back and let them get seated. After that, I set down the menus in front of them. "Can I start y'all off with something to drink?" Chris ordered first and everybody ordered the same drink- white wine. Well, at first DJ Khaled asked for my number because he can tell I'm "smart" and 'loyal'. I kindly declined and said that I'll be back with their drinks. Again, Kylie says some smart shit as I walk away. Something like, "Yeah, you better." 

I get their drinks and bring it back to the table and ask if they're ready to order. They all ordered the same thing, which made it easier for me because they can't say I messed something up. I get their food, they eat, and I check on them periodically like I'm supposed to. As they get ready to leave, Kylie says some slick shit and lets the "N-word" slip out of her mouth. Not with the "-a", with the "-er". I heard Tyga and Chris tell her to chill out with that word. At this point I've had enough and I wasn't about to hold my tounge like I usually do.

"Um excuse me? Can you repeat that?" Now she wanna get quiet and start stuttering. "No. Finish what you were saying." After a about a minute, she finally spoke up. "I said that you were a dumb waitress and a ni-" I cut her off before she could say the word because I probably would have hit her and caught a case.

"Now hold on. How are you going to call me that when you are trying so hard to look like one. Matter of fact, you try to look like every other race but your own. Before all that plastic surgery you had paper cuts as lips, no ass, no nothing. Everything about you is fake so I don't want to hear anything you have to say, but let me make something clear. If I ever hear that word come out of your mouth again, I might not be so nice."

Chris, Tyga, Khaled and his girl laughed as quiet as they could. Kylie was just looking at me and decided to speak up. "Whatever. That little threat doesn't scare me. I look ten times better than you and everybody in your so called race. Name one bitch badder than me."

"Beyoncé, easy. I can name 10 more if you want." She choked up and tried to say something else, but I got tired of hearing her talk and walked away. My manager was watching the whole thing and shook his head at me.

"If you don't go back there and apologize, you will be fired." I look at him surprised. Was he listening to the same thing I was? I mean, did he not just see what happened? 

"You can't fire me, I need this job. And why do I have to apologize? Did you hear what she called me back there?"

"I did, but you cannot use profanity and insults towards the customers. No matter what they say or do to you. Now go apologize and remember what I said."

He's right, I need this job and I'm barely on my feet. I take a deep breath, swallow my pride, and walk back over there. "Kylie." She turns around with an attitude and says, "That's Ms. Jenner to you." 

"Right, Ms. Jenner I apologize for my behavior earlier."

"Whatever. I bet you just said that because you need to keep this job." I nod my head. "Yeah, you right." She laughed and then pushed me. "I bet you won't fight back. Don't forget that your manager is watching." Tyga tries to grab her but she snatches away. I fix my shirt and turn to walk away, but she grabs me by my arm. "Where ya going?" She pushes me again and I fall into one of the booths. 

I get up and try to walk away again, but this time she slaps me. Now usually I'm a very calm person and I hold my tongue, but it's a different story when I get hit or slapped. I feel my heartbeat increase and before I know it, I hit her back. Not a slap, a punch and a good one. She tries to hit me back, I dodge and punch her in the jaw. She falls down and starts crying like a baby.

I turn around and walk to my manager who has a shocked look on his face. "Now you can fire me." I go and get my things and I get ready to walk out. Kylie is still on the floor, Tyga is trying to help her, Chris and Dj Khaled are watching the video of the fight that he took, and his girl pats me on the back as I walk out. "I'm glad somebody finally got her. If you didn't hit her, I would have did it for you and for myself. I can't stand that little girl." I laughed and wished everybody a great rest of the night.

I walked out to my car and got in. I checked the time on my phone and it was 2:15. Damn. I'm super late. I put the key in the ignition and try to crank it up, but it won't start. This can't be happening. I try to crank it up again and it still won't start. I put my head on the steering wheel and just sit there. I lose my job and now my car won't start. It's not the best car in the world but it gets me to where I need to go. I just got a tune up yesterday so I don't know why it's acting up now. 

I start thinking of people I could call to come pick me up. My sister is out of town, and that's really the only person I can call at the moment. I don't have enough money for a cab and buses don't run in this part of town. I guess I have to walk home. It's not that far of a walk, at least I don't think so. 

I get my keys and my other things together so I can go ahead and start walking. Before I open the door, I hear a tap on the window. I look up and it's Chris. I open the door and get out. 

"Everything cool? Looks like you having trouble with your car." 

"Uh, yeah. Everything's cool. Thanks for asking, but I need to get going. It's really late." I start walking and he follows me. 

"You need a ride?" 

"No I'm alright. I can walk." I do need a ride but I'd rather walk. It's kinda weird riding in a celebrity's car when you don't know them. I keep walking and I hear him running behind me.

"Well I'll walk with you then." I stop and look at him. "No you're not."

"Either I give you ride or I walk with you. Your choice."

"I don't know you dude. I feel safer walking by myself." He laughs. "You know who I am."

"I know of you. There's a difference. I know that you're Chris Brown and that you sing, dance, and other stuff. I don't know who you are as a person, like your personality."

"Point taken, but you still have to choose."