An Introduction...of love

A Saturday night passed by. Once again,Gumball was left to his own devices. His parents left on a date, Anais was at a friend's house spending the night, and Darwin was out on a date with Penny. Gumball has had a small crush on Penny forever.Whenever she was around, he would feel the need to go and talk to her. Alas, life would be so cruel as to mold his personality toward a different lifestyle. You see, Gumball struggles on a daily basis whether or not to ask Penny out, or to confess his feelings for Darwin. He has loved both of them for as long as they've been in his life. He simply sat at his desk looking down at pictures of the two people he loved most with silent tears running down his face.

***********

Darwin sat across the table from Penny.Darwin personally thought Penny was perfect. There was only one thing wrong. Darwin was a closeted homosexual. He needed Penny to help throw off rumors. He didn't want everyone in the school to run around and call him names. He especially didn't want Gumball hurt either,for if people knew Darwin was gay, then they might think Gumball was gay, due to the excess amount of time they spend together.

His thoughts were on one person in particular that night, and it was Gumball. Gumball could never know the secrets that lie within Darwin, for Gumball might ostracize him for being gay. He stares at a blank space on the wall. "Darwin,"Penny said. Darwin snapped out of his thought "Yeah?" he quickly replied. "Oh, nothing at all! It's not like I asked you an important question or anything!" She slammed her fork down and left. "Ugggghhh," Darwin sighed. He knew Penny was just a cover-up, but he still didn't like to make girls angry. His brain started to hurt, so he decided to just pay and go home. He knew atone point he would have to tell Gumball. However, every time he went to confess his feelings to him, he just didn't want to see Gumball's cute smile contort into anger and rejection.

He walked out of the restaurant and started walking home. His thoughts wandered to what Gumball was doing right now. Would he be at the house? Darwin sighted and continued his walk.

***********

Penny had ran out of that restaurant. She was having a good time until Darwin started spacing off again. He did this all the time. She knew Darwin didn't find her attractive; it's quite obvious. Penny could see him checking out guys in the restaurant earlier that night. Penny knew, but didn't want him to start crying or anything. She sighed to herself and wiped tears off of her face as she passed by Darwin's house. She saw Gumball up in that 2nd story window, asleep at his desk. She walked up to the door and knocked.

She heard a commotion, almost as if he fell down the stairs. She cringed and Gumball opened the door."P-penny!" he exclaimed. "Yeah, can I come in?" She asked.Gumball was thinking. Penny could tell by the look of contemplation on his face. It took him a full minute to say yes. Gumball opened up the door as penny walked in. "Is everything okay?" Penny asked.She looked at him as he walked over to the couch. "Gumball,"Penny began. She reached for him. Gumball let out a small whimper. Penny pulled him in to a hug. "Come here, Gumball." Gumball started crying harder. "What's wrong?" Penny asked in the most motherly tone.

"I-" Gumball began, "I-I love..."Gumball's parent's opened up the door. Gumball just hung his head.Penny looked over at them. "Hello, Mrs. Watterson." She said with a small blush on her face. "Um...hello, Penny" Mrs. Watterson returned with a small amount of nervousness. "You know you can just call me Nicole, right?" Penny was extremely breathless and uncomfortable. "Y-yeah! Um.. I'll just be going now. Gumball, the answer to all of your problems are in your own bedroom." Penny looked at Nicole and nervously giggled. She ran out the door, almost mowing over Darwin. Darwin stared back at his own home questionably.

Nicole looked to Gumball. "Gumball,are you okay, honey?" Gumball took a deep breath. "I'm fine.' He choked out. Darwin entered the doorway and looked at Gumball. Their eyes connected for a one moment. They both began to blush a little.Gumball ran up to his room. Nicole turned to Darwin. "Do you know what's going on?" Nicole asked. "Nope. No idea whatsoever." Darwin muttered and ran up the stairs three at a time following his brother.