Chapter 1

A flashback on a summer vaction that changed a persons perscpective about someone...

"Come on,Bigboy,"I teased him until I stopped by the biggest tree you would ever see."I win.I win.You lost,loser.Ha,ha,"I laughed at the boy who stole my heart.

"Okay,okay.I lost and you win.By the way I let you win."Jack said out of breath."And don't call me any "Big Boy" names .I am skinny now."

"Whatever you say,"I joked

Jack Hampton made me feel a pang of happiness inside my body.He had silky light brown hair,a subtle ,intelligent face,and light green eyes that were cool as spring.Jack had on a dirty White- T on with a pair of stained jeans.

He took my breath away.

We had just finished a race from the lake to the house for lunch.Which was about five miles away.Ofcourse I win,I always do.I knew Jack would never let me win.That meant he was a coward.And he was not one.I should know because I spent half of my life with him.

Jack and me were in front of big cabin not so far away from the lake.The trees surrounded the cabin, like it was glue to it.You can hardly see the house from far away but up close it was breathtaking.

The outside of the walls were painted a light blue color and stickers of butterflys, stars, and hearts were placed on the windows and walls.So, it would look like peaceful home. On the balcony, there was three wooden chairs and a white swinging chair nailed from the top so, it would not fall.A bunch of red tulips and roses were placed on the ridges of the faded white balcony.

The Butterfly Lake was the name of this house because you would always see colorfull butterflys flying around.Butterfly Lake is where Jack's and my family spend our summer vaction.My mom decorated the cabin,she is always trying to spice things up.

Jack's family and mine are very close; that is why me and Jack are close. Jack is only a year older than me. I have always thought our parents put us together but his parents would bound with his new girlfriend; which is a lot of bounds. Don't get me wrong the Hamptons love me like a daughter but why do they try to bound with those girls when Jack is just going to break their hearts.

Enough.

Family first.

I get why are family is close because they are party animals. Always want to start a party. They would do cook outs, birthday parties, and holidays. Each party would have people grinding on the dance floor, blasting music, games for the little kids and dance competions.

Well, for Jack and me would be outside playing in the lake, races across the wet forest and exploring this beatiful planet. At the end of eack summer I would always say "Best summer ever... yet".

We heard the door swing open and turn our heads to see who it was."Come on kids, lunch is ready. Jack go change, you too Rose," Jack's grandma said in a playfull voice. Jack's grand- parents are the best you could ever had. They love me like I'm their own; mine died of old age before I was even born.

"Okay. Thanks," Jack yelled back and waved a hand at her.She smiled and open the door to go back in."You heard her, missy. Go change, something nice for once."

" What. Wearing jeans and a T-shirt isn't nice,"I said sticking my tongue out at him.He shook is head and grinned.I ran inside to change

* * *

" Ew. No way and hell no," I said in disgust at the dress. The dress was a purple strapless sundress. Don't get me wrong the dress is beautiful but on me. A light color purple was the color of it, a white strap circled the dress, at the bottom of the dress was small red tulips.