Intro

"Arrête, Charlotte, arrête!" My mom yells, letting me know I have to stop.

My mother is French, she met my dad on vacation in Miami. 3 years later she got married to my dad and he moved to Paris when they found out my mom was pregnant with my older sister, Clemente, who is exactly 18 months older than I am. She is 18 now and I am 17.

"How on earth are we gonna get the couch in the freaking house if you keep telling me to stop, mom." I say aggravated.

Sweat is forming on my forehead. I slowly remove my hands from the couch and I look up at the sky. It's so hot and the sun is hitting my face. I sigh.

"Charlotte, I know you're tired from the flight. Go to sleep, sweetheart. I'll call you when we are getting dinner okay?" My dad says and hugs me.

"Thanks dad" I reply and walk into our huge new house. It's in Calabasas, the best part of LA if you ask me.

My dad got a new job and we had to leave Paris. Leaving the house was no problem for me, the worst part was leaving my best friend Anna.

We have been together every day since we were 4 years old.

I finally walk into my new room after trying 3 doors, and see my bed. Yes.

I let myself fall on the bed, send Anna a quick text to let her know I'm safe and then pull the sheets over my head.

I don't ever wanna leave this bed.