Millie-May Alone

The bell rang for the end of School,all of the children were eager to get home,exept one, Millie-May. She had been at home on her own for two days now, her parents had disappeared. Emma her mother and James her father had gone to the shopping mall and left her with he childminder,she hasn't seen them since. Lucy the child minder had disappeared too, she answered the door when it rang and never came back.

Making her way to breakfast club the next morning Millie-May was approched by a police officer asking where her mummy was she simply shrugged her shoulders and continued walking. The police officer jumped to the conclusion that she made her way to School on her own in the morning as some other parents in the village let their children do.

Arriving at School that morning she was called into the Headmistress office,she had noticed that she wasn't bring packed lunch to school as she usually did so she gave Millie-May exactly £3.45 to go to the dinner hall and buy herself a hot lunch. Millie-May whispered "Thank you" then hopped down from the chair and out into the playground.

That lunch the headmistress went into the hall to help Millie-May pick out her lunch,But as Millie-May turned round she slipped on some spilt food infront of the whole School,as she slipped her shoe flicked off her foot revealing the swelling and brusing on her foot. Miss Scotchford helped her stand up and took her to Mrs Aird,the headmistress across the other side of the hall. Crying her eyes out she refused to talk to any one,when the School phoned Millie-May's mother no answer so they tried again,no answer,soon after putting all the pieces together they realised that Millie-May had been home alone with no-one to care for her for nearly three days. Mrs Aird called Social Services to take Millie-May to their childrens centre to be cared for until they found out what had happened to her mother and father.