1. The Research Job

It was a morning like any other in Old Martell's people were on their way to work while the children were playing outside, however this was no ordinary day for Damian, it was his first day at the northern Space Program, research lab he has already applied several times and just 5 weeks ago he finally got a return call, it wasn't like he couldn't find another job no it was quite the opposite he had to turn down several job offers just so he could pursue he's true dream.

But it wasn't that easy, before he was told the location of the Lab he had to follow several trainings and do several tests, with a score less then a 9,5 he would be disqualified, so he was lucky rather than "chosen''

He kissed ruby on her forehead because she was still sleeping and whispered: i will see you tonight; don't go to bed without me he said as he smiled, he went on he's way to the car when he was greeted by the mailman; I have a lot more letters than usual for you' the mailman said, damian surprisingly asked: how so? 'well they are all from NSP. No idea what it stands for, damian thanked the man and got into he's car with the letters laying them down on the seat besides him he quickly forgot about them.

He knew what the name of the lab was, however he did not know where it was located, in the last call he received all they gave him were coordinates they were (36.809228, -115.941864) just a few miles from Las Vegas, he thought about stopping by, but he didn't want to be late so he decided to just go straight towards the lab, strangely so the GPS said it was right on top of a sugar bunker.. damian thought nothing of it, these details can be quite dated and old.

After 4 hours of driving he took a quick stop to refuel and eat a bit, after entering the road café he was greeted by... well no one, he said in a raised voice: hey! Is anyone in here? I would like to order some food! Someone from around the corner replied, it was an old lady: Sure dear, how can i help you? She said..

Well I have about 5 more hours to go on the road so I would like to eat something that'll give me a bit of energy he said while slowly lowering his tone. Certainly she said, I would recommend the chicken breast wi..., before she could finish her sentence damian said: yeah that's fine, what will it cost?

After eating and paying up he used the restroom, which looked like it hasn't been cleaned for the last 5 years, he sighed and just did what he had to do.

After getting back in he's car he glanced at the letters besides him and thought, i think i should read these, just in case (even though none of them had the words IMPORTANT or NOTICE on them)

Even though the letters did not state on the envelope that they were important inside there was content that he would have to read if he did not want to get in trouble or future problems.

Inside there was a contract he had to sign that stated: Anything that happens in the lab shall not be leaked to the outside world and anything to happen to you will not be our responsibility, if something were of great concern and you refuse to take action you will be fired without notice.

There were also a couple more rules but they seemed less significant compared to these ones, without doubt he signed the contracts and put them back in the envelope.

After driving another hour or so he got a call from Ruby, she basically wanted to know if the drive was going alright and wanted to wish him luck, before she could hang up damian said: I know I said I would be home by tonight but I just realised that it is a 5 day trial... so I hope you won't miss me too much.. I will transfer some money to your account so you can get some food. He quickly followed with: Love you bye! And then hung up.

He felt kind of bad to tell her so late... but he knew she would never let him go if he told her beforehand, nevertheless he still had a long way to go and the chicken he ate didn't feel too good in he's stomach..