One

"Your finger's on the trigger, but my hand's around your neck" -Attila

Jai

Do you know that feeling? That feeling when you just know that you say "I'm fine" way too often? Knowing that you've lied to everyone that you've said it to. Because if you do, then you're the first person to have that in common with me. I feel like I'm trapped in a world that isn't real sometimes. Other times I am truly happy. Like when I'm with my best friend, Logan. Him and I have been through a lot of shit together. He knows my life story and I know his, it's like we're a part of each other. But to be honest, I haven't told him some of the things I really don't want him to know. And I have to be thankful to at least have him. No, we don't secretly have major crushes on each other, we're just really close. Comfortable, you could say.

-

I walk through the door of my house after school, immediately bolting upstairs and to my room. I loved it in there. It was like a sanctuary, almost. I always kept it clean, it was an OCD thing, I guess. I threw my bag onto the hook and shut my door, immediately texting Logan.

*iMessage*

Me: Come overrr

Logan: Do you have food?

Me: I guess you'll just have to find out. ^-^

Logan: Ugh what a tease. Omw.

And sure enough, 10 minutes goes by and Logan walks in my room with a bowl of cereal in his hands. I look up with him and smile.

"I see you visited the kitchen first." I laugh.

"Hell yeah." He mumbles through the cereal in his mouth, then takes his shoes off before hopping next to me on my bed.

"Wow, you remembered. Good job." I nod my head, looking at his Vans that were in line with my shoes by the door.

"I didn't feel like having to hear you yell at me for the thousandth time." Logan rolled his eyes.

"Well you've been here a thousand times and still forget to take your shoes off most of the time. Not my fault." I cross my arms and he nudges me.

"Hey, I'll go home if you want. I actually should be there anyway but I'd rather chill with you." He shrugs.

"Why should you be home? Did you sneak out again?" I smack my forehead and look at him.

"No, no." Logan laughs. "My older brother came back from Ukraine yesterday. He's been gone for like 2 years."

"Oh, yeah. Denis." I nod my head, remembering how Logan's mentioned him before, then reality hits me. "Oh my god, Logan! Go home and see him!" I slap Logan's arm, causing a fruit loop to fall out of his mouth.

"Come with me!" He debates.

"Maybe. I'll ask." I roll my eyes and pick up my phone, calling my mom.

"Hello?" Mom answers.

"Hey, ma. Can I go over Logan's? His brother just came back from Ukraine and I wanna meet him."

"Sure, honey. Just leave the door unlocked because your Uncle Clive is back in town and he's gonna be staying with us for a little while."