All I Ever Wanted

Chapter 1

I put the flower on my mothers grave. I feel more tears flowing down my face, but I don't care. I don't care about anything right now. She was the only one who was ever there for me and the only one I really could talk to.

My father places his hand on my shoulder and kneels down beside me. He didn't love mom, he never did. When mom died he didn't care. All he cared about was when my coronation was or who I was going to marry.

"Come on I think we should get going dear." Say my father. I grab my little sister , Elizabeth who is 3 years younger than me, and we head to the limo. The driver try's to open the back door for us, but I open it first. I climb into the backseat and wrap my arms around my sister. I whisper, "It's all going to be alright Liz. I promise."

1 week after  my Mother's death

"Wake up sweetie, I need to talk to you about something." My father says while opening the blinds in my room. I rub my eyes and realize I'm not in my dream anymore, my dream of living in a small townhouse and having a normal mom and dad. Not the queen and king.

"What is it?" I ask. "It's about your coronation. When are you going start planning what you are going to wear?" I sit up from my bed and look my dad in the eyes

"That's all you're worried about huh? My stupid coronation? You know, I didn't ask for this life, I didn't ask for this royalty I don't want to be the next queen. And how can you be even think about my coronation now? Mom just died" I start to raise my voice. "Your mother died a week ago sweetie. Get over it."

My jaw drops open. How could he say that 'your mother died a week ago' feels like just yesterday I got the news that my mother was stabbed in my her own bedroom. This is how I know he doesn't love her. He would be mourning, but he's not. 

"Barbra, can you please come in here." I call for the maid. "Yes honey." She says while entering my room. "My father says we have to start planning my coronation. Can you help me?" I ask. "Of course!" she exclaims exidingly. I smile at her and I jump off of my bed.

I go into Liz's room, no one's there. She's never up this early it's only 8:00. "Lizzy?" I call out. "Liz!" I call once again. I rush out of her room. I slowly open mothers bedroom door. It's the first time I've been in there since her death. "Elizabeth?" I say quetly. Then I look over at mother's bed and see a leap. I slowly walk over to the bed. 

 "Liz?" Then Liz's head pops up from under the covers. Her eyes filled with tears. I sit next to her on the  bed "It's okay Liz" I try to hold back my tears so my sister feels better. "Come on, get dressed. Want to help me plan my coronation?" Even though I don't want to, I know it will get our mom off her mind.

"What color do you want olor to be?" Barbra asks. "Pink definently pink." My sister interups  me. I look at my sister. "What?" "Blue." I tell Barbra. "I know you were trying to avoid this question all day, but we have to find a prince for you to marry." She tells me. "I know." I say quetly. As far as I know all the princes around here are stuck up and snobby. Just like my father was.

"I think wer're done for the day," I explain, "You can go start on making the dress Barbra." I smile and walk away to my room. I change into my nightgown and cover myself in my silk sheets. Today has been a long  day. Even though all I did was  decide what snobs I should invite or what kind of nasty desserts I want for afterwards. Stupid things like that made my day a living hell.