The Birth of Optimism

In a world full of burning shit, it's a comfort to see pleasant events. In my personal philosophy, always look on the bright side.
Too cliché? Let's start with my catch phrase, if you will; "While still safe and sound and on our hearts pound, we should see nothing but the good." That shouldn't be too cliché, speaking from the fact that it came from the depths of my own self-reaching psychological thoughts late at night.
Actually, it's from when I thought I could write song lyrics when I was thirteen, but I know I could have fooled any one of you.
Even so, I find it to be a true statement. It's no fun to be a downer all the time. If you want to kill yourself, jump off a plane with no parachute to give yourself a thrill for your last few seconds.
I mean, obviously you shouldn't kill yourself. Suicide is never the answer to your shitty problems in this fucked up world we've called home since the English language developed. Before that, it was called whatever home is in languages before ours was around. But wars have been happening since the beginning of time. No one respects each other. I'm not even going to say "anymore," because they never did. It's like trying to make America great again. It hasn't been great since before old Chris sailed the ocean blue back in 1492. (Don't quote me, I don't even live in America. I'm just hoping they're okay now that the election is over)
But at least women aren't treated as sex toys for men to play with when they're horny. At least African Americans aren't slaves anymore. Hell, at least Hitler saw what needed to be done and took a bullet to his head.
Maybe sometimes suicide is the answer. Only in special scenarios, though. Maybe life would be better if all the assholes just simultaneously shot each other with the guns they want to legalize, and all the rest of us would live in some kind of utopia.
Then again, young adult science fiction novels say that utopias rob societal members of their individual thoughts and feelings, which is what we're working against, so maybe having dumbasses to argue with is enriching us.
See? See the best in all sides. Living the life of an eternal optimist never means firing from a difference. We either find the good in everything or force it out.